Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visit visa Denial for grandparents, but passports requested via email !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit visa Denial for grandparents, but passports requested via email !!

Hi,

My Grand parents have applied for a visa to visit me in the USA. They have attended the visa interview.
    They were denied visa at the consulate. Their visas have been denied under the section 214B.
    They did not receive any *221(g) letter or form * at the consulate.
    They received an email from the Consulate on the following day to submit their passports at the VAC or VFS office.
    Questions:
    1. When the visa was denied at the consulate under 214 b, why did they receive an email to submit their passports?
    2. They have not received any 221(g) form at the consulate, does that indicate they just need to submit their passports at the VAC?
    3. Since they did not receive 221(g) letter and just received an email to submit passports, are the following documents sufficient for visa processing:
    1. Passport
    2. Email they received
    3. Document submission letter
    1. Is it a must for all the applicants to submit the documents at the VAC or VFS in person or one applicant can submit the documents of all the applicants at the VAC?
    2. Once passports are submitted at the VAC, how long does it take to process their VISA case?
    3. Most imp question, once the passports are submitted, is it guaranteed that their passports will be returned with a visa stamp?

Thank you,
    Sahith

You should ask them exactly what was said at the consulate. It may be that your grandparents didn't completely understand what was said, AP, 221g, etc.

Check USTravelDocs for who can submit. They do have cases listed where third-party can submit/collect with authorization letter, etc. Submit all that you have listed.

Asking for passport is a good sign but nothing is guaranteed till you have the passport back with visa, in hand. If you read the forums, people go in AP even after they are told visa is approved, so no counting chickens before they hatch.
    Last edited by Mogu; 07-14-2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Agree with Mogu.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X