Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister's visitor visa interview

Hello Sir/Madam!

I work for a SW firm in the USA on a H1b visa and have been here for the last 5 years. I live here with my wife.

My younger sister, who is a sw professional in India wants to visit me and my wife for a holiday.

Her profile

Age - around 27
    Job - Software Engineer in an MNC (~3 years of experience)
    Purpose of visit - holiday
    Number of days of visit - Around 30 days
    Both parents in India

Would it be better if I sponsor her trip and provide her with an i134? OR
    Would it be better if she sponsor's her trip and shows required funds to cover the trip to the VO?

Any other general tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Getting a visitor visa is really very tough for an young, unmarried, SW engineer. They are treated as potential immigrants.

To answer your question, it would be better for her to self-sponser her visit, that way she can prove that she has better pay, decent job & stable income in home country & hence strong ties there.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi, it is recommended she puts herself as sponsor, and reduce the visit time to two weeks or 10 days. Unmarried, young ppl especially techies are not given visa easily. Just my opinion, please do more research before you apply, my sisters was rejected twice. So be prefect in your application, just be honest and prove ties back to country and enough reasons to go back.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X