No announcement yet.

Parents visa for pregnancy or tourism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents visa for pregnancy or tourism?

Hi, I want to apply for my parents visa B2. I am pregnant and due in june. My sis in laws parents were approved for pregnancy reason but i am not sure cause a lot of people say dont give pregnancy as reason just say tourism.
    1.) What reason shud i give?
    2.) My father has a small business and ground floor is his shop and top floor is my house. So basically same address for home and shop. Will that be any isuue if i mention same addresses in ds 160?
    3.) Monthly income might be 20,000 pm and no income tac returns filed. Should i just say he is retired and not mention business? And we can sponsor them from here?

Thanks!

The US has no issues with you going there to have a baby so far you have enough money for the hospital bill. The US will not fund the birth of your child. If they do, you will not be issued another visa to the US ever again. STATE you are going to give birth....do not lie.

Comment

Originally posted by jodie View Post
      The US has no issues with you going there to have a baby so far you have enough money for the hospital bill. The US will not fund the birth of your child. If they do, you will not be issued another visa to the US ever again. STATE you are going to give birth....do not lie.
      The question is about the OP's parents' visas, not the OP's visa.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by jodie View Post
        I am a Permanent resident and my husband is a us citizen. I'm asking this for my parents. Anyone can help please?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaistaRG View Post
          1.) What reason shud i give?
          Just giving a reason of tourism won't harm. Why take risk?
          The only problem US has is if you calling your parents to do babysitting for you & if they are taking any baby-sitter's job, while they stay here.
          2.) My father has a small business and ground floor is his shop and top floor is my house. So basically same address for home and shop. Will that be any isuue if i mention same addresses in ds 160?
          Should not be an problem.
          3.) Monthly income might be 20,000 pm and no income tac returns filed. Should i just say he is retired and not mention business? And we can sponsor them from here?
          Better to have them self sponsor. They can say that they get rent income from their own property & it is good for them to survive.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
            Just giving a reason of tourism won't harm. Why take risk?
            The only problem US has is if you calling your parents to do babysitting for you & if they are taking any baby-sitter's job, while they stay here.

Should not be an problem.

Better to have them self sponsor. They can say that they get rent income from their own property & it is good for them to survive.
            Thanks for your help. But dont you think with an income of 20,000 per month it will be too less to self sponsor?

Comment

No, they can show savings which they can spend for their visit .... & 20K (I guess INR) monthly income is fine for their regular living post visit.
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Oh ok. Thanks.

Comment

Best of luck !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X