Selected B1/B2 for Tourism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selected B1/B2 for Tourism

We selected B1/B2 in DS160 instead of B2.

Could this cause a problem?
    Would the VO ask about this?
    What should we say in that case?

Can someone please help?

Comment

Originally posted by roshankuruvila View Post
      We selected B1/B2 in DS160 instead of B2.

Could this cause a problem?
      Would the VO ask about this?
      What should we say in that case?
      Can't say for sure, but since your purpose is not business it can create problem. If you still have time, better to update the DS160 or call local USCIS & fill in a new DS160.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

Can't say for sure, but since your purpose is not business it can create problem. If you still have time, better to update the DS160 or call local USCIS & fill in a new DS160.
        Thank you for your reply.

I realized this only after paying and updating the information on their portal. I don't think I can change to a new DS160 anymore.

What would be a convincing reply?

Comment

You can certainly change your DS160 before 2 days of your interview.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Hello all,

I am graduate student sending invitation to my parents for applying visa. I have few questions regarding this.

I have my uncle residing here and my younger brother pursuing his undergrad who came before me to USA.

1. I did not mention about my uncle and my brother in my DS 160. Even my brother did not mention about my uncle in his DS 160.

2. Now while filling DS 160 for my parents it asks about any immediate relatives in USA should I mention about my uncle who is my mother's brother.

3. If I am not going to mention about my uncle then what should I do about my grandparents(mother's parents) who visited my uncle many times. I am asking this because in DS 160 it asks if my mother's parents visited USA.

4. I am currently staying at my uncle's place so should i give that address as to where my parents are going to stay during their visit.

So now should I take the risk of applying visa by hiding the details of my brother, uncle and grandparents in DS160 or give out the details of them.

I really want them to be here because I did not do my grad walk in India as I was here for my masters and I do not want them to miss this one.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Oops! Biometrics is already done and they sealed on the confirmation page with previous DS160. I won't be able to change it here after, correct?

Comment

I'm in a common law relationship, but instead of selecting common law marriage I selected other and entered common law partner since common law marriage had a different relationship period for every US state.

I'm from India.

I see that we can change DS 160 after biometrics. If that's the case, should I change it to common law marriage or should I let it be other followed by common law partner?

Comment

Originally posted by john_aquarius View Post
                  Hello all,

I am graduate student sending invitation to my parents for applying visa. I have few questions regarding this.

I really want them to be here because I did not do my grad walk in India as I was here for my masters and I do not want them to miss this one.

Thanks in advance.
                  Hi John, Copy pasting your same text on thousand threads won't really help.

Comment

Libra_14 Could you please help me with the question on relationship status?

Should I select Common Law Marriage or choose Other and type Common Law Partner?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Just to help you better, what do you mean by common law marriage & common law partner? Definition varies in different countries.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X