Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation for parents to my graduation

Hello all,

I am graduate student sending invitation to my parents for applying visa. I have few questions regarding this.

I have my uncle residing here and my younger brother pursuing his undergrad who came before me to USA.

1. I did not mention about my uncle and my brother in my DS 160. Even my brother did not mention about my uncle in his DS 160.

2. Now while filling DS 160 for my parents it asks about any immediate relatives in USA should I mention about my uncle who is my mother's brother.

3. If I am not going to mention about my uncle then what should I do about my grandparents(mother's parents) who visited my uncle many times. I am asking this because in DS 160 it asks if my mother's parents visited USA.

4. I am currently staying at my uncle's place so should i give that address as to where my parents are going to stay during their visit.

So now should I take the risk of applying visa by hiding the details of my brother, uncle and grandparents in DS160 or give out the details of them.

I really want them to be here because I did not do my grad walk in India as I was here for my masters and I do not want them to miss this one.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by john_aquarius View Post
    1. I did not mention about my uncle and my brother in my DS 160. Even my brother did not mention about my uncle in his DS 160.
    It's fine, your uncle is not counted as your immediate relative either.
    2. Now while filling DS 160 for my parents it asks about any immediate relatives in USA should I mention about my uncle who is my mother's brother.
    Yes, your uncle is an immediate relative to your mother, hence it should be mentioned.
    3. If I am not going to mention about my uncle then what should I do about my grandparents(mother's parents) who visited my uncle many times. I am asking this because in DS 160 it asks if my mother's parents visited USA.
    Do not hide the truth.
    4. I am currently staying at my uncle's place so should i give that address as to where my parents are going to stay during their visit.
    Yes.
    So now should I take the risk of applying visa by hiding the details of my brother, uncle and grandparents in DS160 or give out the details of them.

I really want them to be here because I did not do my grad walk in India as I was here for my masters and I do not want them to miss this one.
    If you want them to be here & keep visiting you, then do not hide the truth or tell lie.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

hello Libra_14
      I did not mention about my brother in my DS160. Should my parents mention about my brother in their DS160.

Thank you
      Last edited by john_aquarius; 11-12-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

hello Libra_14
        I did not mention about my brother in my DS160. Should my parents mention about my brother in their DS160.

Thank you
        So you hide the truth.

Ensure to have your parent do not hide truth. Let them mention about all of their kids truthfully.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X