Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when new passport number different on appointment confirmation and DS160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when new passport number different on appointment confirmation and DS160

Hello I have a question but can't find the answer anywhere on the website and don't know where to ask.

So I already applied the DS-160 and paid the Visa fee in October. But this month I have to modify my passport ( adjusted place of birth ) and probably will get a new passport with new number, as they not return my old passport as well. How do I notify US embassy about the new passport number before my interview? And what to do when the Immigration Management Department not return my old passport?

Do you have any old unexpired visa in your old passport? If yes, they will return your old passport - again depends on your nationality.

New passport is not a problem for US visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Do you have any old unexpired visa in your old passport? If yes, they will return your old passport - again depends on your nationality.

New passport is not a problem for US visa.
      No this is first time I applied for Visa and only have one passport, so I was worried didn't know how to notify them about my passport changes.

I read some posts on this forum and all mentioned they did have their old and new passport to bring to the interview, but I don't have the old passport in hand.

Comment

Is it not possible to reschedule your interview for a later date?

Or else, if you have copy of your old passport, take that along with you.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Is it not possible to reschedule your interview for a later date?

Or else, if you have copy of your old passport, take that along with you.
          I already reschedule my interview to December 10th, but still, I didn't expect the Immigration Management Department not return the modify passport so I don't have any copy of the old one in hand. So I just worried should I just cancel the entire application and apply for the new one instead? Or Contact them somehow to work this out.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRiki View Post

I already reschedule my interview to December 10th, but still, I didn't expect the Immigration Management Department not return the modify passport so I don't have any copy of the old one in hand. So I just worried should I just cancel the entire application and apply for the new one instead? Or Contact them somehow to work this out.
            If you cancel your current appointment, then I guess you'll loose the money you paid right now.

I would suggest to contact local embassy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X