B1/B2 visa renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 visa renewal

We are trying to renew b1/b2 visa for my MIL. Her previous b1/b2 expires in February 2020, she qualifies for interview waiver, meaning she can drop off passport at the center. I have read the step by step process. Some people have mentioned that for renewal, they don't see any usual supporting documents. Just fill out all the forms online, pay the fee, take your passport with US visa and drop it off. Is this true that they don't need any supporting documents for visa renewal. That would save a lot of hassle of sending financial documents and sensitive information.

For renewal under IWP, you still need to visit OFC for fingerprinting & submitting the documents. The officer at OFC will keep only required document & will return remaining.

But I would suggest to have them carry all things with them at that time & they'll need if they get a call for interview.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Please visit the below link to know about the visa interview Waiver and Visa Renewal details.

My in laws visit visa also expiring and I have question if some one experienced can give a suggestion.
      Is it possible to renew their visit visa in US if they come before expiring it ?
      Is it mandatory that it should be renewed at their home country US Embassy ?

Comment

Originally posted by geomaryn101 View Post
        Is it possible to renew their visit visa in US if they come before expiring it ?
        Any USA visa can only be issued outside USA only. They can certainly enter into USA before the expiry date & can stay till their I94 expiry (which will be generally 6 months) & can extend another 6 months, without need of a new visa.
        Originally posted by geomaryn101 View Post
        Is it mandatory that it should be renewed at their home country US Embassy ?
        No, it is not mandatory, but recommended to do it in home country for easy & smooth approval.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Any USA visa can only be issued outside USA only. They can certainly MyFedLoan enter into USA before the expiry date & can stay till their I94 expiry (which will be generally 6 months) & can extend another 6 months, without need of a new visa.

No, it is not mandatory, but recommended to do it in home country for easy & smooth approval.
          Thanks for sharing such an amazing Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
            Any USA visa can only be issued outside USA only. They can certainly enter into USA FedLoan Servicing before the expiry date & can stay till their I94 expiry (which will be generally 6 months) & can extend another 6 months, without need of a new visa.

This is an Interesting Blog. Thanks for sharing.
            Last edited by Sultantrum; 02-18-2020, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jd101 View Post
              We are trying to renew b1/b2 visa for my MIL. Her previous b1/b2 expires in February 2020, she qualifies for interview waiver, meaning she can drop off passport at the center. I have read the step by step process. Some people have mentioned that for renewal, they don't see any usual supporting documents. Just fill out all the forms online, pay the fee, take your passport with US visa and drop it off. Is this true that they don't need any supporting documents for visa renewal. That would save a lot of hassle of sending financial documents and sensitive information.
              please know interview waiver is not 100 percent... in my case and case of few others they still called us in for interview despite qualifying for the waiver. If your mother has any long stay in USA like I had a 4 month vacation be prepared to Attend the interview... with that being said most cases are processed with no issues and no documents except existing passports with visa

Comment

Agree with Akw9

Comment

Originally posted by jd101 View Post

As for the interview, know that even though I and a few others met the criteria for a waiver, we were still called in for an interview anyway. In any case, if your mother plans to spend a significant amount of time in the United States (like I did on a four-month vacation), she should come prepared for an interview. However, the vast majority of cases are processed without incident and require no additional paperwork beyond the applicant's valid passport​
                  Last edited by cowboy87; 11-25-2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X