Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social media presence in DS160 and photo requirement

Hi,

I have a few questions related to the DS160 form for my parents visitor visa.

(1) DS160 form asks for social media presence. My parents use ******** and ********. Do they have to mention these or they can just say "NO" for social media presence ? Is there any issue if they mention "NO" social media presence ?

(2) Since it does not ask for any photo in the DS160 form, when exactly will my parents need to have their photos taken ?

(3) ) Affidavit of Support I-134 Form . Do I really need to fill this or is it optional . My parents have their own house in India . Do I still need to provide this document . Will not providing this document reduce chances of parents getting Visitor Visa ?

(4) My father is mentioning that he is paying for trip himself, So does my father need to take only last 3 months of his bank statements or many more months of his bank statements ? Also since I am inviting my parents here and they will produce my invitation letter to the officer , my parents will pay only for the flight tickets. Will the officer realize this or will he think that my father is paying for the whole trip including hotel expenses in US in which case the officer might expect a bigger bank balance for my father in India ? So will the officer realize that when my father says he will pay for the trip it only refers to the flight tickets ?

(5) Since I will be inviting my parents over to US and they will be staying at my place, do I need to send my original paystubs and original bank statements to my parents or just photo copies of my paystubs and bank stmts are good enough ?

Really appreciate your clarification in this regard
    Thanks

Originally posted by waavman View Post
    (1) DS160 form asks for social media presence. My parents use ******** and ********. Do they have to mention these or they can just say "NO" for social media presence ? Is there any issue if they mention "NO" social media presence ?
    Do not tell lie or try to hide the truth.
    (2) Since it does not ask for any photo in the DS160 form, when exactly will my parents need to have their photos taken ?
    Their photo will be taken at OFC, but better to have them carry hard copy of their photos (mostly they won't need it, but just in case).
    (3) ) Affidavit of Support I-134 Form . Do I really need to fill this or is it optional . My parents have their own house in India . Do I still need to provide this document . Will not providing this document reduce chances of parents getting Visitor Visa ?
    If they can bear their travel expenses (staying with you, so no lodging expenses), then it always suggested to have them self-sponsor their visit.
    (4) My father is mentioning that he is paying for trip himself, So does my father need to take only last 3 months of his bank statements or many more months of his bank statements ? Also since I am inviting my parents here and they will produce my invitation letter to the officer , my parents will pay only for the flight tickets. Will the officer realize this or will he think that my father is paying for the whole trip including hotel expenses in US in which case the officer might expect a bigger bank balance for my father in India ? So will the officer realize that when my father says he will pay for the trip it only refers to the flight tickets ?
    3 months bank statement is good enough, but if you want to prove that he has some regular income then take 6 months of statement.
    Rest all things you mentioned is by-default for almost all parents visiting to USA - you are good, no worry.
    (5) Since I will be inviting my parents over to US and they will be staying at my place, do I need to send my original paystubs and original bank statements to my parents or just photo copies of my paystubs and bank stmts are good enough ?
    They do not need any of your "original" documents. All photocopies/printouts are fine.

They will need your passport/visa/bank statement/IT returns etc, to prove that they are visiting you in USA & you are living legally in USA.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi Libra,

Thanks for your response.
      (1) Regarding your response to question (3) where you mentioned that my parents, since they will be be staying in my house in US, it is suggested that they self sponsor their trip, if they choose self sponsor option , how much minimum bank balance should my father show in his account if he chooses self sponsored option ?
      (2) My father has retired from service 15 years ago and so obviously does not have a monthly income. So do the officers look for a running monthly income for my father if he chooses self sponsored as the option for the US trip ?
      (3) My parents had their US visitor visa from 2006-2016. It expired 4 years ago and so they are re-applying now for a new 10 year visa . Would it be easier for them to get a visa this time or would they be treated like anyone else who is applying for tourist visa for the 1st time.
      (4) Since my father retired 15 years ago (which I did not mention in my previous thread) even though he might have a bank savings balance , since he does not have running monthly income, do you still suggest self sponsoring is a better option or do you recommend they mention that their son is sponsoring the trip ?
      (5) Lastly since my brother (Dubai) and myself (USA) both live outside India, is it ok if my parents produce proof that they own their house in India and show their savings account balance or are they supposed to demonstrate their ties to India further through some additional documentation ?

Appreciate your clarification

thanks

Comment

"Hey there! Happy to help with your questions. 😊For the DS160, if your parents don't have a strong social media presence, it's okay to mention ""NO."" It won't be an issue.Photos are typically taken during the visa appointment. Check the specific requirements for the consulate they're applying to.The I-134 Affidavit of Support isn't mandatory, but it can strengthen their case. Owning property can help, but having the affidavit adds more financial assurance.If your father only covers flight expenses, providing a few months' bank statements should suffice. Officers usually understand the specifics of trip financing.Copies of your paystubs and bank statements should be enough. Originals aren't necessary."

Comment

Hey there! Happy to help with your questions.For the DS160, if your parents don't have a strong social media presence, it's okay to mention ""NO."" It won't be an issue.Photos are typically taken during the visa appointment. Check the specific requirements for the consulate they're applying to.The I-134 Affidavit of Support isn't mandatory, but it can strengthen their case. Owning property can help, but having the affidavit adds more financial assurance.If your father only covers flight expenses, providing a few months' bank statements should suffice. Officers usually understand the specifics of trip financing.Copies of your paystubs and bank statements should be enough. Originals aren't necessary.Best of luck to your parents with their visa application!

Comment

Regarding Instagram views, it's indeed an intriguing aspect of our online interactions. However, buying 100 instagram custom comments raises some considerations regarding authenticity and impact. It's essential to explore such options while being mindful of the implications they may have on your online presence. Best of luck with your endeavors!
            Last edited by RomanAdams; 12-20-2023, 10:34 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X