Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it B1 or B2? Required to stay outside USA same period of time as the visit period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it B1 or B2? Required to stay outside USA same period of time as the visit period

Hi,

My brother has a USA visitor visa. The visa says: Visa Type/Class - R B1/B2. The entry stamp says "B2" written in the center with a pen.

Is his visa B1 or B2, or is it both?

Someone has told me that if a USA visitor stays, say, 3 months in the US then he is required to stay the same period of time outside the US before he could come back to the US. In other words, if someone stays 6 months in the US as a visitor then that person is required to stay outside the US for 6 months before that person decides to visit the US again. Could you please help me with it? Thank you.

Originally posted by HaroonAhmad View Post
    My brother has a USA visitor visa. The visa says: Visa Type/Class - R B1/B2. The entry stamp says "B2" written in the center with a pen.

Is his visa B1 or B2, or is it both?
    B1 is for business visits & B2 is for tourism purpose. Your brother has both visits allowed in his visa. But this time he might have answered his purpose as "tourism" hence it is written B2.
    Someone has told me that if a USA visitor stays, say, 3 months in the US then he is required to stay the same period of time outside the US before he could come back to the US. In other words, if someone stays 6 months in the US as a visitor then that person is required to stay outside the US for 6 months before that person decides to visit the US again. Could you please help me with it? Thank you.
    This is not a legal published rule.

One of the basic requirement for B1/B2 visa is to prove strong ties to home country. And by staying longer on a business/tourist visa, you indirectly shows that you do not have ties anymore. Hence it is recommended for anyone visiting USA to stay more duration in his home country.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

So, it means that there is no official written rule which says how much long one is supposed to stay outside the US after the first visit and before coming back for the second visit to the US.

Comment

I have another question.

I have read that a visitor can pursue a non-credit course which requires no more than 18 hours per week of classroom time in the US school. But I have not found it anywhere in the official information. Thank you!
        Last edited by HaroonAhmad; 02-14-2020, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Could someone please help with my previous post?

Post #4 in the following thread is helpful but it doesn't give any references to official sources.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

So, it means that there is no official written rule which says how much long one is supposed to stay outside the US after the first visit and before coming back for the second visit to the US.
            There is no official rule for how long to stay outside, but assume staying more in USA then your stay in your home country will prove that you do not have ties to home country anymore.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
              There is no official rule for how long to stay outside, but assume staying more in USA then your stay in your home country will prove that you do not have ties to home country anymore.
              Could you please also help me with my previous post? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Could you please also help me with my previous post? Thanks a lot!
                Sorry, have no idea about that, otherwise I could have responded earlier.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X