Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One way Ticket Travel, Advice needed.

Hey
    im a Canadian Permanent resident and I plan to take a flight from India to US. spend 5 days in US as tourist on tourist visa and drive to Canada with my US Friends. Since I don't plan to return from Canada for next 6-7 months I don't see any point taking a return flight. Will this be okay? Im assuming US Border officer will see that me and my family has Canadian PR and won't look for return ticket when we are going to Canada.
    Also as a PR I have traveled to US on a bus as well as car rental and never had any issue at the border to prove I have return ticket. Even with rental I guess one can drop the car one way drop off so border officers don't ask for rental car return information either.... so will they be okay with seeing the Canadian PR Card or do you think I should take one of those onward tickets.com ticket or any refundable ticket. Advice needed from anyone who's traveled like this.

Just keep the plan handy, like tentative dates you are planning to drive out of USA & some hotel bookings in Canada to prove that.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Just keep the plan handy, like tentative dates you are planning to drive out of USA & some hotel bookings in Canada to prove that.
      Hey
      I’m staying with friends at both the places.
      shall I book those onward flights out of New York just to show that I’m indeed going to CANADA ?

Comment

See if you can book refundable return flight, that's the easiest way.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          See if you can book refundable return flight, that's the easiest way.
          hey
          Well my travel agent can book refundable return ticket but I'm confused shall I show the return from New York itself or from Toronto? also most likely I might be flying back from Toronto itself in the future unless NY flights are much cheaper.

what do you think will be an issue if we have onward flight to Toronto after a 3 days stop over in NYC. As it is we are PR in Canada so flying one way with a stop over should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by akw9 View Post
            Well my travel agent can book refundable return ticket but I'm confused shall I show the return from New York itself or from Toronto? also most likely I might be flying back from Toronto itself in the future unless NY flights are much cheaper.

what do you think will be an issue if we have onward flight to Toronto after a 3 days stop over in NYC. As it is we are PR in Canada so flying one way with a stop over should be fine.
            This is just to show that you'll return, so any ticket is fine (mostly you'll be cancelling it).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X