Absence of spouse last name in passport DS-160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absence of spouse last name in passport DS-160

Hi, I am filling up DS-160 for my my mom and dad. My dad’s passport does not have his spouse(my mom’s) last name but my mom’s passport has her husband(my dad’s) last name in her passport. So when I am completing DS-160 for both of them, should I fill their spouse name as it is mentioned in their passport or their spouse passport ? That would mean I would have to say FNU and my mom’s first name as last name in my dad’s DS-160?

Forget the endorsed names. Fill the name as per the passport details for both of them. As passport names are entered and checked

Comment

Agree with akw9, each applicant's DS160 should be filled based on his/her own passport.

No need for any proof, if the name is not totally different (like female changing their first name as well as last name post marriage). For whole name change, let her carry proofs that both names belongs to her.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by chirag8 View Post
        Hi, I am filling up DS-160 for my my mom and dad. My dad’s passport does not have his spouse(my mom’s) last name but my mom’s passport has her husband(my dad’s) last name in her passport. So when I am completing DS-160 for both of them, should I fill their spouse name as it is mentioned in their passport or their spouse passport ? That would mean I would have to say FNU and my mom’s first name as last name in my dad’s DS-160?
        Thanks akw9 for taking the time to answer my question.
        If I am understanding correctly, you are saying that even if on my Dad's passport, his spouse's name is just the first name, I should fill the spouse name on my dad's DS-160 matching the name on my mother's passport. Did I understand correctly?

My Dad does not have his last name in his passport so I had to fill FNU and his first name on his DS-160 application. Does this mean that on my Mom's DS-160 her spouse name would be FNU & my dad's first name even if she has his spouse's full name endorsed on her passport?

Sorry for his confusing questions, but that's state I am in right now with these last names missing from my dad's passport. I just do not want to make mistakes and lead to rejection of visa.
        Thanks for bearing with me.

Thanks

Comment

If I am understanding correctly, you are saying that even if on my Dad's passport, his spouse's name is just the first name, I should fill the spouse name on my dad's DS-160 matching the name on my mother's passport. Did I understand correctly?
          Yes.
          My Dad does not have his last name in his passport so I had to fill FNU and his first name on his DS-160 application. Does this mean that on my Mom's DS-160 her spouse name would be FNU & my dad's first name even if she has his spouse's full name endorsed on her passport?
          Yes.
          Sorry for his confusing questions, but that's state I am in right now with these last names missing from my dad's passport. I just do not want to make mistakes and lead to rejection of visa.
          Just to be double sure, better to get their passports corrected. It will be better for future as well - just in case if you have to sponsor them for PR/citizenship.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X