Self sponsorship and bank account requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self sponsorship and bank account requirement

I am planning on bringing my parents to US.
    My father has retired 15 years ago I does not have running income but has savings in his Fixed deposit account which has a specific maturity date in the past..
    He does not keep any money in his savings account other than what is needed for monthly expenses which is basically what me and brother send him
    Whatever savings he has are in his Fixed deposit account where he has enough balance equal to more than twice the cost of flight ticket for himself and my mother to US. But in his savings accounts he just has enough needed for their monthly expenses and it gets replenished every month as my brother and i send my parents some money..
    When I asked my father if he could temporarily transfer some amount of the money from his FIXED deposit account to his Savings account , he said he cannot do that because FIXED Deposit money if withdrawn before maturity he has to pay penalty and he does not want to do that.
    I am paying for the flight ticket . But yet I would like him to mention self sponsoring of trip in the DS-160 application for better chances of getting A visa.

(1) So if he chooses self sponsoring then during the interview if he shows the balance in his FIXED deposit account which has more than twice the amount needed for Flight tickets, will the officer accept it or does the officer need to see that much balance in the Savings account ? Or does the officer does not care which account the bank balance is in as long there is more than twice the amount needed for booking the flight tickets in any of my father's accounts ?

(2) My parents got their VISA first time in 2007 which expired 10 years later in 2017 and during that time they made 3-4 trips to USA. Now they are re-applying a 2nd time. So do they stand a better chance of getting the VISA or are they treated on the same level as someone who is applying for Visitor visa for the 1st time ?

Please advise.

thanks

Originally posted by waavman View Post
    I am planning on bringing my parents to US.
    My father has retired 15 years ago I does not have running income but has savings in his Fixed deposit account which has a specific maturity date in the past..
    He does not keep any money in his savings account other than what is needed for monthly expenses which is basically what me and brother send him
    Whatever savings he has are in his Fixed deposit account where he has enough balance equal to more than twice the cost of flight ticket for himself and my mother to US. But in his savings accounts he just has enough needed for their monthly expenses and it gets replenished every month as my brother and i send my parents some money..
    When I asked my father if he could temporarily transfer some amount of the money from his FIXED deposit account to his Savings account , he said he cannot do that because FIXED Deposit money if withdrawn before maturity he has to pay penalty and he does not want to do that.
    I am paying for the flight ticket . But yet I would like him to mention self sponsoring of trip in the DS-160 application for better chances of getting A visa.
    Fixed deposit in Bank are equivalent to savings/cash. He does not need to transfer that money to Saving account.
    (1) So if he chooses self sponsoring then during the interview if he shows the balance in his FIXED deposit account which has more than twice the amount needed for Flight tickets, will the officer accept it or does the officer need to see that much balance in the Savings account ? Or does the officer does not care which account the bank balance is in as long there is more than twice the amount needed for booking the flight tickets in any of my father's accounts ?
    Fixed deposit is fine.
    (2) My parents got their VISA first time in 2007 which expired 10 years later in 2017 and during that time they made 3-4 trips to USA. Now they are re-applying a 2nd time. So do they stand a better chance of getting the VISA or are they treated on the same level as someone who is applying for Visitor visa for the 1st time ?
    They definitely have better chances of getting the visa. Hope they did not over stayed in their previous visits, no frequent trips, no long stays.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X