Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply for a Visitor visa while H1b Extension is pending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for a Visitor visa while H1b Extension is pending.

Hi Everyone! Thanks in advance for any help.
    I am in quite a dilemma. My I140 is approved. My 6 years of H1 expired Aug 2019. I applied for the extension on Aug 15th in regular processing and still haven't heard about their decision. The last update was that they moved my case from Nebraska center to Vermont center on December 11. Vermont center is currently processing the cases filed on Sept 29. Does this mean that my case is processed as Dec 11 application date and not the original Aug 15?

I had to come to India for a family commitment and was hoping to get a response by Feb 15.

I am thinking of applying for a visitor visa to attend the presentation of one of my projects. This B visa trip will be totally recreational and not professional. Anyone with any idea on this will be helpful. Thanks

Originally posted by haruser123 View Post
    Does this mean that my case is processed as Dec 11 application date and not the original Aug 15?
    It will be treated on the original date of Aug 15.
    Originally posted by haruser123 View Post
    I am thinking of applying for a visitor visa to attend the presentation of one of my projects. This B visa trip will be totally recreational and not professional. Anyone with any idea on this will be helpful.
    Since you already have an approved I140 (showing intention to immigrate), then visitor visa is not for your anymore.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X