DS-160 Were you previously Employed - Retired more than 5 years back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 Were you previously Employed - Retired more than 5 years back

Hello - My parents retired more than 10 years back. Should I enter the "Were you previously employed?" as Yes/No. No makes sense to me. If I enter yes it asks for all details like employment start and end date, I can enter a random start and end date and in the title can put NA for other fields, but doing that way doesn't make sense either. Do advise which is best.

Originally posted by sprasanna199 View Post
    Hello - My parents retired more than 10 years back. Should I enter the "Were you previously employed?" as Yes/No. No makes sense to me. If I enter yes it asks for all details like employment start and end date, I can enter a random start and end date and in the title can put NA for other fields, but doing that way doesn't make sense either. Do advise which is best.
    I "guess" they just want to ensure their field of knowledge, like if the applicant has aeronautical / chemical experience, they might want to ensure that the applicant is not a threat to the country.

So do provide those details based on your best knowledge (need not to be 100% accurate) & keep that detail safe for multiple years, if you need to renew/apply for any new visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Got it thanks. I will add the relevant experience. Looks like they are asking for the last 5 years of experience details before they retired.

Comment

Originally posted by sprasanna199 View Post
        Got it thanks. I will add the relevant experience. Looks like they are asking for the last 5 years of experience details before they retired.
        That's correct & there is no harm in providing before 5 years information as well.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X