X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New B2 application with pending i130

i130 and B2 application

11-08-2019, 02:29 PM
    permanent resident mother filed for son's i130 and has been pending for a few yrs now. now her daughter who is newly naturalized us citizen has filed a B2 visa application for brother. will this get denied because he has a pending i130 application? will this mess up both applications?

If you have shown immigrant intention by filing I130, then B2 is not for you anymore.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      If you have shown immigrant intention by filing I130, then B2 is not for you anymore.
      i know that.

Comment

Immigrant intent means intent to immigrate on this visa or on this stay. Intent to immigrate in the future does not mean you intend to immigrate on this visa or this stay. Being the beneficiary of a pending or approved I-130 does not mean that the person will be denied a nonimmigrant visa for immigrant intent.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Agree newacct, To secure an B2 visa, the onus is on the applicant to prove strong ties to home country & that the intention is not to immigrate & applicant will return back to home country.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

brother inlaw's i130 got approved. what does he need to avoid for interview and medical disapproval?

Comment

there are NO exceptions to an interview nor medical clearance in order to be granted an immigrant visa....there is no one that 'special'...and why are you so interested in having said relative avoid scrutiny?hmmmmm....how do you spell..'human trafficking?"

Comment

Originally posted by HFM1919 View Post
                there are NO exceptions to an interview nor medical clearance in order to be granted an immigrant visa....there is no one that 'special'...and why are you so interested in having said relative avoid scrutiny?hmmmmm....how do you spell..'human trafficking?"
                lol. just trying to give him advise to avoid being disqualified.

Comment

COs determine visa eligibility,and for that to happen, one MUST attend an interview...period. no exceptions....

Comment

Originally posted by HFM1919 View Post
                    COs determine visa eligibility,and for that to happen, one MUST attend an interview...period. no exceptions....
                    nobody said anyone was trying to avoid an i terview or medical screening. not sure hiw you got that idea. lol.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X