Paying fees for B2 Visa for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying fees for B2 Visa for parents

When I logged into the profile I created to pay fees for my parents B2 Visa, I was able include my mother and father as a group in the same family and then it gave a combined fee of Rs 23040 for both my father and mother together ($160 times 2 ). Then it took me to a screen where it is asking for MRV receipt number for my mother and father.
    But I have not yet made the payment. I went to my Indian bank online account and tried to set up the beneficiary that Came in the NEFT payment option along with the UNIQUE beneficiary account number TIERxxxxx they provided on that screen.. But looks like it will take a few hours for my Indian bank to set up that beneficiary. So until then I wont be able to make the fee payment for the VISA
    (1) Meanwhile here in the consulate visa payment page, it is already asking for MRV Receipt number for my father and mother. What am I supposed to do. How will I get the 2 MRV receipt numbers ?
    (2) If I close the browser now, then when I login back to my profile it will again ask me to enter the details for my parents to make the visa payment. So at that time witl the UNIQUE Beneficiary account number that was provided the first time change and will i be provided a new Unique account number TIERxxx? If so will I have to again set up a new beneficiary for NEFT transfer with my bank. If so again it is going to take a few hours for this beneficiary to be set up in my online banking. So again I will have to close the browser and will the problem recur again ?

I am clueless. Please advise regarding this confusing payment setup for the visa fees

thanks

Originally posted by waavman View Post
    (1) Meanwhile here in the consulate visa payment page, it is already asking for MRV Receipt number for my father and mother. What am I supposed to do. How will I get the 2 MRV receipt numbers ?
    If you are making single payment for both, then you'll get only one MRV number & the same can be used for both.
    (2) If I close the browser now, then when I login back to my profile it will again ask me to enter the details for my parents to make the visa payment. So at that time witl the UNIQUE Beneficiary account number that was provided the first time change and will i be provided a new Unique account number TIERxxx? If so will I have to again set up a new beneficiary for NEFT transfer with my bank. If so again it is going to take a few hours for this beneficiary to be set up in my online banking. So again I will have to close the browser and will the problem recur again ?
    No. You'll be shown same beneficiary account number.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra.
      I went ahead and made the money transfer using NEFT and got a confirmation from my bank that the amount had been credited to the beneficiary's account. However I donot know where to find the MRV receipt number.
      (1) Is the consulate supposed to Email me the MRV receipt number ? But I donot see any Email from them.when I check the Email address i provided during the Visa pymt , scheduling form. Do they take a few days to Email the MRV receipt number ?
      (2) Which Email do they use ? Is it the one that is listed on my parent's DS-160 application as their Email address or the one I provided when entering my parent's personal information for making the VISA fee payment and scheduling ?
      (3) Or is there some other way I am supposed to get this MRV receipt number ?

thanks

Comment

I went ahead and made the money transfer using NEFT and got a confirmation from my bank that the amount had been credited to the beneficiary's account. However I donot know where to find the MRV receipt number.
        (1) Is the consulate supposed to Email me the MRV receipt number ? But I donot see any Email from them.when I check the Email address i provided during the Visa pymt , scheduling form. Do they take a few days to Email the MRV receipt number ?
        For NEFT transfers, you won’t get a “receipt number” unlike the direct bank transaction.
        The receipt number is usually the Unique Beneficiary Account Number: TIER2 **** **** **** (excluding the first 5 letters)
        (2) Which Email do they use ? Is it the one that is listed on my parent's DS-160 application as their Email address or the one I provided when entering my parent's personal information for making the VISA fee payment and scheduling ?
        Not sure, but keep checking both, if you still need that.
        (3) Or is there some other way I am supposed to get this MRV receipt number ?
        SMS or Text.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

When I logged into the profile I created to pay fees for my parents B2 Visa, I was able include my mother and father as a group in the same family and then it gave a combined fee of Rs 23040 for both my father and mother together ($160 times 2 ). Then it took me to a screen where it is asking for MRV receipt number for my mother and father.
          But I have not yet made the payment. I went to my Indian bank online account and tried to set up the beneficiary that Came in the NEFT payment option along with the UNIQUE beneficiary account number TIERxxxxx they provided on that screen.. But looks like it will take a few hours for my Indian bank to set up that beneficiary. So until then I wont be able to make the fee payment for the VISA McDVOICE

I am clueless. Please advise regarding this confusing payment setup for the visa fees

thanks
          Contacted the ustraveldocs help desk, they said we can enter the same receipt number for both father and mother.
          Last edited by Mitchell75; 02-29-2020, 12:16 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X