Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Interview availability date and OFC dates avaibiity Not in same window

Hi,

I have a concern regarding the VISA interview availability window.
    When scheduling visa appointment interview, I am seeing that the earliest available interview dates are over 2 months away in May. However the OFC appointment dates are available much earlier.

(1) Just a couple of days ago I remember seeing that the earliest available VISA Interview dates were in March. Now it shows May 1st as the earliest available date. So is it possible that if I check in a few days from now, could an earlier date become available once again or do you think that rollback of available dates never happens ?

(2) They have OFC appointment dates available only until April end. So if I want to schedule OFC appointment and VISA interview appointment dates on consecutive days, I donot have that option unless I choose May 1st as appointment date . For rest of the May and Jun dates available for VISA interview, I cannot select previous day as OFC appointment date because latest OFC appt date available is Apr 30. Is this the way it always has been.

(3) Do you know why they do not provide OFC dates availability in the same window as Interview availability dates which would help us schedule both of these on consecutive days so that parents don't have to stay for an extended time in the Consulate city they are travelling to or make multiple trips.

(4) If I schedule OFC appointment ONE day prior to VISA interview date is it good enough or do I need to provide more gap than ONE day between the 2 ?

Kindly advise.

Originally posted by waavman View Post
    (1) Just a couple of days ago I remember seeing that the earliest available VISA Interview dates were in March. Now it shows May 1st as the earliest available date. So is it possible that if I check in a few days from now, could an earlier date become available once again or do you think that rollback of available dates never happens ?
    It basically depends on number of people cancelling/rescheduling their appointment.
    (2) They have OFC appointment dates available only until April end. So if I want to schedule OFC appointment and VISA interview appointment dates on consecutive days, I donot have that option unless I choose May 1st as appointment date . For rest of the May and Jun dates available for VISA interview, I cannot select previous day as OFC appointment date because latest OFC appt date available is Apr 30. Is this the way it always has been.
    No, I did got both dates next to each other. Keep looking.
    (3) Do you know why they do not provide OFC dates availability in the same window as Interview availability dates which would help us schedule both of these on consecutive days so that parents don't have to stay for an extended time in the Consulate city they are travelling to or make multiple trips.
    Its 2 step, first you select OFC date & then remember what dates are available & try to find an interview date near to that.
    (4) If I schedule OFC appointment ONE day prior to VISA interview date is it good enough or do I need to provide more gap than ONE day between the 2 ?
    Even same day is also fine, if available.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Even same day is also fine, if available.
      No you need to have one day gap between OFC (Biometrics) and Visa Interview at the Embassy, At least here in India.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Currently its not good. The earliest Interview appt date is May 5. But the latest OFC appt date is Apr 30. So my parents have to stay for 5 days in Chennai. SO I have to wait for a different date to become available.

Do you know if I make an appointment for a particular date, I can change it later once a better date become available ? If so what is the process ?

Comment

Originally posted by akw9 View Post
            No you need to have one day gap between OFC (Biometrics) and Visa Interview at the Embassy, At least here in India.
            I myself have done OFC & Interview same day before 5-6 years. Not sure if there is a new rule for a gap.

Do you know if I make an appointment for a particular date, I can change it later once a better date become available ? If so what is the process ?
            Certainly, but there is a limit of number of times you can reschedule your interview.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X