No announcement yet.

Extension of Parent (tourist B2 visa).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension of Parent (tourist B2 visa).

As per the current travelling restriction due to COVID -19, I have to apply the extension of mother visa (tourist B2 visa).Could you please help me in answering below question.
    • Can I apply online using “https://my.uscis.gov/”.
    • 539 is the correct form “Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (I-539)”.
    • What supporting documents, I need to upload while submitting the form.
    • How to make payment for this service, is it online or via cheque.
    • Her age is around 75yrs and her travel to India date is on May first week, will she be eligible for the B2 tourist visa extension based on the current COVID -19 travel situation.

Originally posted by vivek2k7 View Post
    Can I apply online using “https://my.uscis.gov/”.
    Yes.
    539 is the correct form “Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (I-539)”.
    Yes.
    What supporting documents, I need to upload while submitting the form.
    Same as what you provided at the time of initial visa.
    How to make payment for this service, is it online or via cheque.
    Online.
    Her age is around 75yrs and her travel to India date is on May first week, will she be eligible for the B2 tourist visa extension based on the current COVID -19 travel situation.
    Certainly, just ensure that her I94 is not already expired & you file I539 at least 1 day before I94 expiry date.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi Vivek and Libra_14, I am also in the same boat trying to apply B2 Visa extension for my mother. I have 2 questions.

1. Do we need to enter interpreter details in form I-539? Is it necessary?
      2. Do we need to file I-134 (Affidavit of Support) along with I-539? Can we include Last month's bank statement for financial support?

Thanks for the reply in advance.

-Ram

Comment

Originally posted by Ram San View Post
        1. Do we need to enter interpreter details in form I-539? Is it necessary?
        No, there is no interview for form I539, hence interpreter is not needed.
        Originally posted by Ram San View Post
        2. Do we need to file I-134 (Affidavit of Support) along with I-539? Can we include Last month's bank statement for financial support?
        Answered here: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/usa-v...visa-extension
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X