Administrative Processing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Processing.

I went into US Embassy for a work non inmigrant visa, 5 days before it was shutdown around March 10. I was asked to send a document which was missing (certificate of marriage). I was applying for my wife and children as well. I sent document and got an email confirming that it was received. However 3 weeks after I asked for my visa and they mentioned that it was on Administrative Processing. It has been 7 weeks and had no update on my visa.

Anyone going through something similar. They kept passports by the way.

Is it because of the current situation?

Once the application goes into administrative processing, then no one really knows when will you get response from them. Also adding the current situation, the wait can be longer.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Once the application goes into administrative processing, then no one really knows when will you get response from them. Also adding the current situation, the wait can be longer.
      Thank You for your response.

This is a work visa. I am a TN Visa holder but got a new offer for a new job so I had to apply for a new TN Visa so that the employer could be stamped on it.

The first time I got my work visa it also went into Administrative Processing and it took 2 weeks for it to be issued.

Comment

Yes, I agree. I's most likely due to Covid. You can try to email them and ask for an update, but I doubt they'll have anything new to report to you. I think you'll have to wait until they open up again.
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by javier83 View Post

Thank You for your response.

This is a work visa. I am a TN Visa holder but got a new offer for a new job so I had to apply for a new TN Visa so that the employer could be stamped on it.

The first time I got my work visa it also went into Administrative Processing and it took 2 weeks for it to be issued.
          I have gotten a reply back. A favorable one. AP is cleared. Thanks to god.

Just waiting for services to resume so that it can be printed out.

Thank You

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X