Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the US government issuing B2 visa during Covid-19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the US government issuing B2 visa during Covid-19?

Hello Everyone,

I am an international student studying in Australia. My Australian student visa is valid till August 2021. I switched my college during my second semester. I have been in Australia from July 2019 and I have not returned to my home (Nepal) country during this time phase. I had been issued a US-tourist visa in 2014 when i was studying bachelors in Nepal. My visa expired in December 2019 and I had been thinking about renewing my visa for a long time now but I have been afraid that it would be rejected. My elder brother and sister are green-card holder in USA and they have been living there for about 10 years now and my sister has not visited Nepal in that time phase and my brother just visited once. My parents are in my home country (Nepal). I have been to USA for 3 times along with my parents in 2015, 2016 and 2019. I have never over stayed during any of my visit. I had also applied to US student visa for three times in 2018 but it was rejected because they did not think I was a genuine student and I would not return back to my home country after completing my studies. Also, my parents applied to renew their visa when they got back to Nepal and it got renewed without any interview.

Now I am thinking to apply US tourist visa actually apply for renewing the visa. The interview waiting period here in Australia is 2 months. My question is are they issuing b2 visa during this Covid-19? Also, what are the chances of my visa application being accepted and what are the questions that I will be asked during my interview? And how to increase my chances of getting the visa? Also, can I apply for the visa renewal process from Australia?

Thank you
    Last edited by aakanshya; 05-12-2020, 12:11 AM.

On March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporarily suspended routine in-person services to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). USCIS plans to begin reopening our offices on or after June 4, unless the public closures are extended further. USCIS staff are continuing to perform duties that do not involve face-to-face contact with the public. However, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment, contact the USCIS Contact Center.

------------------------------
    Complete Guide About Cheap Car Insurance Quotes. Get Best Auto Insurance Quotes. Compare Insurance Companies in United States.
    Last edited by boby; 10-01-2020, 04:02 AM.

Comment

The USCIS isn't involved when you're applying for a tourist visa. You will simply file an online DS-160 and then schedule an interview with the US consulate. So, the USCIS closures don't really affect B2 visa adjudication. However, due to COVID-19, the US consulates are closed and not adjudicating B2 visas. The June 4 date is what the USCIS has said as their estimate of when they'll reopen. The US Consulate is silent on the matter and has not given any timeline on their opening. So, you can try to file the DS-160 and schedule an interview when the Embassies open up again.
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

I am also concerned about this matter, but too busy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X