Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa renewal

Hello,
    I am on H1B. My parents visitor visa is going to expire soon. I would like to apply for the visa renewal, but unfortunately I lost my job recently. I have couple of questions.

1) If they need to come to USA in this situation, Can my spouse (who is also on H1B) sponsor my parents this time or Should I get a job again and apply for the renewal?
    2) Is there any difference in the renewal process if they renew before the expiry of current visitor visa (vs) apply for visitor visa after the expiry of current visitor visa?
    3) Do my parents need to go for embassy again for the renewal?

Thanks

Originally posted by srikanth345 View Post
    1) If they need to come to USA in this situation, Can my spouse (who is also on H1B) sponsor my parents this time or Should I get a job again and apply for the renewal?
    You really do not need to sponsor. Let them self-sponsor themselves & use IWP (aka dropbox) to get their visa renewed.
    2) Is there any difference in the renewal process if they renew before the expiry of current visitor visa (vs) apply for visitor visa after the expiry of current visitor visa?
    Its almost similar to applying for a new visa, just under the IWP, you don't need to attend interview.
    3) Do my parents need to go for embassy again for the renewal?
    Under IWP - no, but if embassy deny IWP, then yes.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X