Indian medication to USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian medication to USA

Mother in law is stuck in USA due to Covid. she is taking (Indian) medicines (alopathy). Medication was shipped from India but due to in-effective co-ordination by courier, the shipment was sent back to India.

Some say we can get Indian medicine translated to USA medication through a US doctor. can somebody throw some light on how this can be done? also does this route require visitor health insurance.?

In general, what are my options?

I guess the best for you would be to get in touch with a Indian doctor in USA & explain him the situation to prescribe US equivalent medication. An PCP can do that easily.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

- I hope you have her Indian Rx script (or have her doctor from India scan and send it to her. It's best if the email also states her diagnosis (example Non Essential Hypertension, how long has she been on the meds etc....)
      - Then google the medication name (on drugs.com or practo.com) and take the printout (this will list the name and the what chemical the drug contains)
      - Call any urgent care clinic and explain the situation. They can check with the doctor if he will write a script. If yes, visit them (Usually for cash payments without any insurance plan is $80-$125).
      - You can then get this filled (generic version) at walmart / walgreens / etc. for cash.
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I have recently shipped medication from india via fedex . Took 10 working days to receive. They have a form which the shipper needs to fill which has lots of questions like, type of medicine, description of content. you can get the form and ask doctor/pharmacist to help in filling it. Along with that, you need to provide the original prescription( on letter pad preferably from hospital), the original bill, paspports copies of parents and yourself if you are shipping at your address here in states. Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X