Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Extension Time Period

Hi ,

My Parents are on visitor visa and their I94 was till May 7th. In the cover letter, i filed for extension in April but mistakenly requested extension till July 30th ( 3 months extension). I heard that by default one gets 6 months extension. I wanted to know if they are not able to fly back in august, is it recommended to apply extension in July again ( as i requested only for 2 months) or do i have to do by october-novemeber.

Thanks

Just hope you get a 6 month extension. Otherwise, you'll be paying another fee
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I am currently in the US on a visitors visa with my Mum and I want to apply for an extension of stay due to the restriction. I am filling my forms manually for the extension. Please should I fill two separate I-539 forms for each applicant or I fill I-539 for one applicant and the supplemental form I-539A for the second applicant?

Comment

Originally posted by sharocks06 View Post
        Hi ,

My Parents are on visitor visa and their I94 was till May 7th. In the cover letter, i filed for extension in April but mistakenly requested extension till July 30th ( 3 months extension). I heard that by default one gets 6 months extension. I wanted to know if they are not able to fly back in august, is it recommended to apply extension in July again ( as i requested only for 2 months) or do i have to do by october-novemeber.

Thanks
        At any point of time, visitors need to have an valid I94 in hand or an extension petition in process. So if parents are not planning to fly out by July 30th file for another extension - suggesting the current situation.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I am currently in the US on a visitors visa with my Mum and I want to apply for an extension of stay due to the restriction. I am filling my forms manually for the extension. Please should I fill two separate I-539 forms for each applicant or I file I-539 for one applicant and the supplemental form I-539A for the second applicant?

Comment

thanks for threads, I am in the same situation with my parents

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X