Applying for green card on visitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for green card on visitors

I've been visiting the us for the past 3 years. Never was out of the us for more than a month. Would I be eligible to apply for a green card under this circumstance?

Nope, not under those circumstances alone. Also be careful about entering the US on a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.
    Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
    Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
    09/25/2019: Fees charged
    09/30/2019: Case received
    10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
    10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
    10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
    11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

Unless you are a relative of a U.S. Citizen or have a job offer, its almost impossible to apply for a green card.

Comment

Merely staying in USA on B1/B2 visa, does not make you eligible for Green card. On the other side, travelling on non-immigrant visa with immigration intent can cause further issues.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

You say you have been visiting for 3 years and you have never been out of US for more than a month? That is a shocker! You are extremely lucky that haven’t already faced issues at immigration. You have technically overstayed your visa every single time. Be careful because this will cause you huge problems in near future. And also, no, you can’t apply for GC just by visiting US.
          B1/B2 married to USC.

Timeline 2020:
          3/12: Sent package to USCIS.
          3/14: Package received by USCIS.
          3/23: Checks cashed.
          3/27: NOAs received.
          8/04: Biometrics scheduled for 08/13.
          8/13: Biometrics completed.
          8/14: Online case status (I-485 & I-765) changed to fingerprints were taken.
          8/14: Ready to be scheduled for an Interview.
          9/02: I-765/I-131 approved. Status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced.”
          9/09: EAD combo card mailed.
          9/14: EAD/AP in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by danny32 View Post
            You have technically overstayed your visa every single time.
            No, I guess he meant he went out of USA before his I94 expiry & re-entered within 1 month.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X