Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i539 rejected because of payment issue

Hello

I recently filed for my parents for their visitors visa extension(B2). We paid the appropriate fes (filing fee $370 + biometrics $85 + biometrics $85 = $540) in the form a check (to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security) and submitted it with the rest of the application. But USCIS rejected our application because of this reason - 'The payment amount is incorrect, or has not been provided'. We double checked the check that was sent, the amount and the payee seems to be correct. Yet we have no clue why it was rejected. My parents visa is set to expire in a couple of days. Can you please help us understand what the correct fees should be?

Thanks
    Vas
    Last edited by muduchiTheru; 07-28-2020, 09:48 PM.

The correct fee is $455 + $85 (for spouse applicant's biometrics fee). If you are filing late, then you need to include a nunc pro tunc request to back date the filing to a date before their I-94 expires and explain the reason for the delay.

Comment

i can still see 370 + 85 + 85 on USCIS calculator

Comment

Have you been able to reach to USCIS about the fee question. I am also about to pay same amount for my parents

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X