Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC EB3 priority date current after switching employer

Hi.

I was on H1B Visa working for Employer A for a long time. They filed my PERM and I140 and both were approved long ago. My I140 was approved on April 1st 2016. My priority date is December 18th 2014. It was filled under EB3 category.

I was terminated by Employer A due to COVID situation on July 24th 2020. I joined another Employer B on July 27th 2020. Though I switched the employer, I am still working for the same Client in the same role, so my roles and responsibilities are still the same. My new Employer B agreed to intiate PERM, and I140 and I was told I can retain the same priority date (December 18th 2014).

In the October 2020 Visa bulletin, the Dates for filing for Employment based Visa application, for EB3, the date is now reflecting 01Jan2015.

Since I switched employer, I am not sure if I have the option to use my approved I140 (filed with old Employer A) to file the I485 and EAD, or if my only option is to file the new Perm and I140 with new employer and wait for it to get approved.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X