Mom got the visa on second attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom got the visa on second attempt

Thank you so much for this board. My mom went for an interview at Chennai consulate yesterday and got the visa. They asked only 2 questions.

1) Who are there in US
    2) What does your son do here

Thats it. They told her your visa has been granted. The only thing we did different this time was we had asked for only 2 months instead of 6 months and we had asked mom to use as much as english words as possible . She was saying this time Visa Officer was very nice. I don't know duration of the visa.

Thanks
    --Varsha

Congratulations on your mother's visa.

My mother's visa was rejected for the first time on 4th Jan 05. She is planning to re-appear at the interview in March (Chennai consulate).

Would you please post a brief note on how/why/when your mother's visa was rejected the first time and how you made her through the second attempt successfully. Did your mother take extra documents to Chennai with her on her second attempt? Have you sent her new affidavit of support and new documents from work and bank? What questions did they ask in the first interview? Does she have other children living in India?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    MK.

Comment

My mother appeared first time in Nov and her visa was rejected on 214(b). That time they asked following questions
      1)who is there in US
      2) How long you want to go : She said for 6 months
      3) What all you want to see in us?

They said your visa has been rejected without seeing any documents.

Second interview was on Jan 13. They asked
      1) Who is there in US
      2) Do you have any other children here in India? ( I have 2 brothers in India).
      3) Do you live with your son in Blore?
      4) Is Blore house is your own or rented? ( My mom said yes it our own property not rented. )

Then they said your visa has been granted. They didn't see any documents. We had sent all new documents including affidevit and other. since earlier documents were like 3 months old. My mom was saying whoever appeared visa for second time they got the visa. I dont know this for sure. Today she got the passport in the mail and she got 10 years multiple entry visa.

This time around my mom answered most of the questions using more english words although she had kannada traslator. She said both visa officier and trasltor were very nice to her. For duration of the visa we had written only 2 months.

Thanks
      --varsha

Comment

Thanks for the detailed post. It is very helpful to me and others on this board.

Comment

Congrats.

Before she comes to US, consider buying visitor medical insurance for her, available for instant purchase at https://www.insubuy.com
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X