URGENT- B1/B2 visa validity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT- B1/B2 visa validity

I have been issued two visas under B1/B2 category and F-2 category. The B1/B2 visa was issued prior to my F-2 visa. My F-2 visa expired recently and I had to travel to India due to a family emergency (traveled in Feb, 2021). Now, I would like to return to the USA to visit and stay with my spouse temporarily. Is it possible to return on my unexpired B1/B2 visa? I have heard that the US consulate sometimes cancels visas that were issued previously. Is this true? I did not find anything on my passport to suggest that my visa was cancelled (i.e., no cancellation stamp, no blotted out line on the visa, etc.). Moreover, my visa is also not damaged. Please advise.

Hi,
    Typically, you can not have two different visa active.. If you were on one active visa, another one might have invalid.. Instead of taking risk on this, Better check the consulate on this then you can plan for travel.
    Thanks

Comment

Thank you for the advise. I checked with the visa consulate and they are asking me to talk to the airlines for guidance on this regard. Can airlines actually scan the passport to see if the visa is valid? In other words, would I be allowed to board the flight if my US visa was invalid/cancelled?

Comment

Hello,

I have a follow up question to my response earlier. How can we know if a particular visa is not revoked/cancelled? As I mentioned earlier, I could not get help from the visa consulate.

Thanks,

Comment

It is possible to have two valid US visas at the same time. The consulate might now cancel a previous visa when issuing a new visa if you plan to use both visas in the near future on different visits. If they cancelled it, it should be obviously written or stamped on the visa, with something like CWOP (cancelled without prejudice).

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Airline will allow travel as the gate agents only check the validity dates on the visa. The main check will happen at US port of entry. If the officer finds any issues, he/she may order you to deport.

Originally posted by bvsatish View Post
            Thank you for the advise. I checked with the visa consulate and they are asking me to talk to the airlines for guidance on this regard. Can airlines actually scan the passport to see if the visa is valid? In other words, would I be allowed to board the flight if my US visa was invalid/cancelled?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X