Sister visiting me from Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister visiting me from Brazil

Hello, I am a legal permanent resident (green card holder). I know there are some restrictions about Brazilians visiting the US because of Covid although I miss my sister and would like her to visit me.

is this still possible with a standard visa? I read somewhere that close relatives are allowed to visit. Can anyone confirm?

Hi,
    Right now for Brazil, Presidential proclamation are applicable. There is some exemptions for only close relatives. Below details for your attention. Kindly go through below and make sure whether your sister is eligible.

The Proclamations do not apply to:
    • U.S. citizens;
    • lawful permanent residents;
    • spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents;
    • parents or legal guardians of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident unmarried minor child;
    • siblings of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident child, provided both are unmarried and under the age of 21;
    • air and sea crewmembers;
    • U.S. noncitizen nationals (not applicable to Proclamations 9984 (China) and 9992(Iran));
    • diplomats;
    • any noncitizen who is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and any noncitizen who is a spouse or child of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces;
    • certain U.S. Government invitees for the purpose of the containment or mitigation of COVID-19; and;
    • certain travelers whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X