No announcement yet.

Apply for new tourist visa for parents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for new tourist visa for parents.

Hi,

I am planning to apply for a tourist visa for my parents. Is the embassy taking visa application right now during COVID?
    Also, how are the timelines these days if we apply in a month?

thanks!

You do not apply for any visa on behalf of another adult....the adult applies, and their case is adjudicated based on the merits of their situation, not that of some other person, whether relative or friend. I just cannot understand why so many find this concept hard to understand.

Comment

I get it. My parents are going to apply but can you help with the answers of the questions?

Comment

Only the embassy knows their timelines

Comment

Hi,
          Here is my response.
          Is the embassy taking visa application right now during COVID?
          Answer: Yes. But, It will be scrutinized based on visa category and reason. But, I suggest you to complete the basic process and try once.
          Answer: For other non-immigrant visas, people are getting recent most dates too. Past few days, most of them are getting slots within one months or maximum two.
          All the best.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
            Hi,
            Here is my response.
            Answer: Yes. But, It will be scrutinized based on visa category and reason. But, I suggest you to complete the basic process and try once.
            Answer: For other non-immigrant visas, people are getting recent most dates too. Past few days, most of them are getting slots within one months or maximum two.
            All the best.
            Thanks
            Hi - When you say slots, are you referring to the interview appointment? In addition, are you referring to India?

My parents already have an active B1/B2 visa. Looks like they don't need an interview. Would it be an automatic renewal once they apply?

Comment

Many of our embassies have 'interview waiver' programs...check on those websites for the requirements...but understand.. a CO can decide to call anyone in for a live interview if they choose to do so...they are not obligated to tell the applicant why...and no congressman/senator can override such a request.

Comment

Someone is completing DS160 to apply for a B2 visa. Spouse is deceases and DOB is unknown. There is no way to get that information from any source. There is no "Spouse DOB is unknown" option in the DS160 form. What do you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by SeniorStakes View Post

Hi - When you say slots, are you referring to the interview appointment? In addition, are you referring to India?

My parents already have an active B1/B2 visa. Looks like they don't need an interview. Would it be an automatic renewal once they apply?
                  Hi,
                  When you say slots, are you referring to the interview appointment? In addition, are you referring to India?
                  Answer: Yes. I am referring for both Interview and drop box appointments. And it is for India.
                  Answer: No. It wont renew automatically. You will need to apply for extension. And it may be eligible for Interview waiver( Drop box)
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by barkat View Post
                    Someone is completing DS160 to apply for a B2 visa. Spouse is deceases and DOB is unknown. There is no way to get that information from any source. There is no "Spouse DOB is unknown" option in the DS160 form. What do you suggest?
                    Hi,
                    If you dont find option called dont know then you can provide approximate date and when it raises question at the time of interview, you can clarify to Officer.
                    Thanks

Comment

rkk09 Thanks!! This was really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
                        Hi,
                        Here is my response.
                        All the best.
                        Thanks
                        Hello,

Other visas means other than B1/B2 ?

I am in the same situation. I have applied for B2 VIsa for my mom and got Feb 8th as date for biometric and interview. I just want to check with people in this forum that is the embassy even honoring these slots or is it just a date ?

Is the embassy taking non-emergency appointments now ?

Regards,
                        Kay

Comment

Hi,
                          Here is my response to share with you.

Other visas means other than B1/B2 ?
                          Answer: Yes. But, I heard even B visa appointments are going right now.
                          I have applied for B2 VIsa for my mom and got Feb 8th as date for biometric and interview. I just want to check with people in this forum that is the embassy even honoring these slots or is it just a date ?
                          Answer: If you got appointment confirmation then no issues. You can start preparing for an Interview. Unless you get any Email from concern Embassy about anything, you can confirm the dates.
                          Is the embassy taking non-emergency appointments now ?
                          Answer: Yes. But, as I mentioned already in my previous response, It will be depended on the reason.
                          All the best.
                          Thanks

Comment

I have applied for B2 VIsa for my mom and got Feb 8th as date for biometric and interview
                            -- For which consulate did you get B2 visa appointment slot for February 8th?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X