Visitor Visa Regarding supplementary questions DS5535

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Regarding supplementary questions DS5535

Hi guys, I am writing here today regarding an urgent matter which is so important for our family. I live in the US, just graduated, and I am currently under OPT, and my elder brother who also lives in the US doing his MS lead to Ph,d program, recently he got into a really bad auto accident and my parents are worried a lot thus, decided to apply to see him. My father is a retired engineer and my mother is a government teacher.

They applied in august 2021, for a visitor visa. They both did a group interview, everything went well and the visa officer asked my parents to submit a supplementary form through email, additionally, he mentioned that they can submit this form together in the same email by adding passport details in the subject line.

Likewise, my parents responded to their queries through my father's email. upon researching regarding the form I have figured out that this form is a ds5535, so basically, security extra vetting things for visa candidates. My parents are from Bangladesh. my mother never went outside Bangladesh and my father visited only India once in the last 15 years. I was kind of confused on why they were giving them the form since it was an emergency schedule due to the accident.

Now long story short, after a month and a half, my father got an email to submit their passport to the embassy, my parents submitted their passport, my father's visa gotten issued when we checked my visa status page, however, my mother's application is still under administrative processing and no update whatsoever in the visa status page. since they faced the embassy it remains refused for my mother. however, my father got his visa 8 days ago.

Thus, If you guys can give me an insight into how it really works, and whether it can take more time or not, anyone of you if faced the same situation please share so that we can understand it better, my mother is really sad due to my brother's illness and worried a lot. but nothing she really can do except waiting. It is simply just mind-boggling to get a security check in this fashion for a woman who is in her 60's. I just simply can't call my mother anymore due to her emotional state right now for my brother, thus, do not want to give her any false hope!

Any information/similar experience sharing will be appreciated

Thanks.

no one can give you an exact answer, as this process involves several agencies who rarely talk to each other.

Comment

Hi,
      Just want to double check, Is your Mother visa refused/denied? Have they officially declared anything? If not so and if it is still under process then you can send an email to consulate to check about the status or call to consulate.
      I am sure, Since your Mother is government Employee they may need some additional verification.
      If they officially declare anything over case status portal then you can apply for visa again and when you go for interview, Please make sure to carry all necessary documents. I think, this is the only way you can do for now.
      If you are in the situation to book appointment again, Please try for expedited appointment.
      All the best.
      Thanks.

Comment

information details about a visa application are not available to interested third parties....so calling and asking for an update will not work...nor speed up any process.

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
          Hi,
          Just want to double check, Is your Mother visa refused/denied? Have they officially declared anything? If not so and if it is still under process then you can send an email to consulate to check about the status or call to consulate.
          I am sure, Since your Mother is government Employee they may need some additional verification.
          If they officially declare anything over case status portal then you can apply for visa again and when you go for interview, Please make sure to carry all necessary documents. I think, this is the only way you can do for now.
          If you are in the situation to book appointment again, Please try for expedited appointment.
          All the best.
          Thanks.
          Hey, Thanks for your comment. Initially, they have sent both of my parents application under administrative processing, upon finishing that, they have sent an email to resubmit the passports, and they did, initially right the way they have issued my fathers visa and but they kept my mothers passport and indicating that it is still under administrative processing, although they sent additional questionnaire together under same email body by a specific email address as per the direction of the visa officer who conducted their interview!

Since it is emergency for us, we are just simply worried and wanted to see whether any other applicants gone through the same scenarios or not to understand the process much better, because everytime we email, they just simply copy paste the ceac visa application status result which is refused

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X