Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidance on B2 visa for Canadian Permanent Resident

Hello Everyone,

I landed in Canada in Feb 2021 and became a permanent resident. I was offered a job by a Canadian employer in Mar 2021 (when I was in India), then moved back to Canada in June 2021 and have been working here in Toronto from Day 1. It's been 4 months here. My wife who initially landed with me in Feb is going to come here in Toronto in couple of weeks.

I had done Masters from US in 2011 from a reputed business school on F1 visa. In the past, I have been to US in 2007, 2010 and 2016 for 1/2 month trips (company-sponsored). I work as a Senior Manager here in consulting company. I wish to know how strong is my B2 visa case if I apply now. I don't have any relatives in US.
    1. Is it recommended to wait further before I apply for B2 visa?
    2. When they see the length of stay in Canada as a Permanent Resident, do they count from initial landing date (Feb 2021) or from the final landing date (Jun 2021)?
    3. As my wife is coming in Nov 2021, is it possible that they approve my B2 visa application but not hers?

Regards.

having been to the US numerous time, studied there and returned, your case should be a 30 second interview to an approval.

Comment

Originally posted by HFM1919 View Post
      having been to the US numerous time, studied there and returned, your case should be a 30 second interview to an approval.
      Thank you for the encouragement. How about my wife? She has never been anywhere except coming to Canada directly as a permanent resident earlier this year. Is it possible that they approve mine but not hers if we go for an interview together?

The problem in Toronto VO is that the dates are not available until Aug 2022. On the other hand, my parents who have applied for the same B2 visa interview are scheduled for an interview in late Jan. I have some queries on their likelihood as well - please see the other thread. I would appreciate your inputs.

Comment

Hi Member,
        Is it recommended to wait further before I apply for B2 visa?
        Answer: If you have valid reason and meet the B2 visa requirements then no issues. Since you have multiple entry to the USA, You will need to be very careful answering then that you dont have any immigrant intent at the time of Interview.
        When they see the length of stay in Canada as a Permanent Resident, do they count from initial landing date (Feb 2021) or from the final landing date (Jun 2021)?
        Answer: I am not sure, why they need to calculate your canada stay for applying B2 visa. Is there any specific reason, you are having this concern?
        As my wife is coming in Nov 2021, is it possible that they approve my B2 visa application but not hers?
        Answer: I dont see any barriers for her. But, as you well aware, it depend on reason and visa requirements.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X