Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking advice for the best way to go about B2 in this situation

Hello and thank you for your time!

I want to visit GF in US (I'm in India) for a few weeks. She has been here, but I've not been to US before. I am genuinely only looking to visit and then I would return home. I own property here and my parents are here. We may go the k1 route at some point and I understand how critical it is that we don't do anything like marry, overstay visas, etc. I work in the shipping industry and contracted Covid earlier this year. I've been at an employment lull. I'm worried that because I haven't had a recent assignment aboard a ship, owning property and having family here in India is not compelling enough reason and that additionally, stating the purpose of my visit is for my romantic partner, that will be even more decks stacked against me. I have family rooted in U.S. for the previous few decades and they live in another state than my GF. Do you have any tips or ideas for what would increase odds of being granted the B2?

being between jobs or having intermittent employment with an American GF does not suggest you will overcome 214b. There are NO specific requirements for B2 applicants other than to convince a CO that you would use the B2 properly.....thousands of B2 recipients have left behind a spouse, a house, a job, etc., to remain in the U.S.

Comment

Well exactly, so how do I convince CO that I’m only intending to stay short time??

Comment

there is no specific answer.' There are no specific documents. It will be your responsibility to convince a CO of your true intentions...telling us has no value in that regard. As I said before, none of the things you mentioned are guarantees of visa issuance, as thousands of prior applicants have abandoned family, jobs, homes, etc, to remain in the US...which is why there is NO specific tangible item one can offer that would, on its own, overcome 214b.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X