Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of US visitors visa for parents of a US citizen

Hi,

My both the parents (Indian citizens) US visitors visa was denied two times (because of potential immigrants) in past 3.5 years when I was on Green Card. Next month I will become US citizen, my parents does't want to immigrate to US, so I am planning to apply for their visitors visa 3rd time. I would like to know about if any US citizens parents got visitors visa and their experience with the process (any additional documentation, evidence...etc). Please share your experiences, it will help a lot.

Thank you,
    Chv

put yourself in a CO's shoes....your parents could easily be petitioned for a GC by you; people don't like to wait in their own country for the process to be completed, so they are often looking for ways to circumvent that wait, by using B2 visas to 'visit' for a year or more while waiting for the COS/AOS process....thus, your parents will have to convince a CO that this won't happen, and it is difficult to prove a negative. No piece of paper yet invented by mankind can allay those concerns (and a few others). You can thank all of those who abused B2 visas in the past for any difficulties your parents may have getting a tourist visa. You play NO positive role in their future interviews. You saying they don't want a GC is meaningless....after all, who really knows what (if any) plans are the horizon? Now i am offering my thoughts as a retired CO who interviewed tens of thousands of applicants, and have seen and heard all of the stories.

Comment

Hi Member,
      It is purely depending on Interview conversations. But, Just few points you can remember for better process. It is really very hard to convenience Officer that your parents dont have any immigrant intention. But, With the help of some other points you can convince Visa officer.

1. If you have any brother or sisters who are in India, your parents can note that, they will be staying with them only not with you.
      2. They can point out that, they will have to return back to certain period of time may be in month to take care of one important work.
      3. They have a property which has to be taken care by them only. So they will have to return back to home country very soon.
      4. Since it is long duration, your parents have not seen you or family. So, it is very important to see them at this age.
      5. Instead of funding by you, your parents can take care of their expenses for travelling to the USA.
      6. They are employees and they will not get much leave and they will have to report to the work in another couple of days.
      7. They need medical support that can be taken care only at home country. So upon visiting temporarily to the USA, they will have to return back for continue their medical treatments.

These are the points I could suggest.
      All the best for your parents.
      Thanks

Comment

rkk09: do you really think that any experienced CO has not heard those tiresome stories before? Pointing to a relative staying behind is NOT a tie to one's country, as relatives have been quickly abandoned in order to stay put in the US (note the OP has done exactly that, yet he probably told a CO the same baloney when he got a tourist visa some years ago)- the excuse about having to return to take care of some 'important' work is nonsense, as is supposedly taking care of some property...after all, if one leave said property for months, how much 'care' does it really need?
        They are probably retired, but even if not, no company hands out months of paid leave...and the medical story is so often used and is so meaningless as to be laughable.
        Bottom line: there are NO sure fire answers to a CO's questions that will result in visa issuance.Thousands of applicants have used and reused the above stories and excuses. If the applicant cannot instill trust from the CO during the interview, then nothing else matters. How one gains that trust is the challenge, but it will not happen by reciting the same old excuses heard thousands of times a day around the world. And, BTW, the OP will NOT be trying to convince any CO of the bona fides of his/her parents, because only the applicants are interviewed, not some silly letter written by an interested third party,
        Last edited by HFM1919; 11-10-2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Thank you HFM1919 and rkk09 for your experience.

I can understand the CO's perspective and especially seeing people misusing these categories. But I have seen many US citizen's parents who are not willing to immigrate because of their other children relatives and properties. Also they have to stay significant of time in US to maintain the status for future revisits. It hurts the genuine applicants, I was checking to know if any one applied and got visitors visa in this situation.

Thanks,
          Chv

Comment

no doubt many have, but the main point is that there is no unique solution, nor are there specific things that people believe would represent strong ties to one's country of residence, that are listed as requirements...for good reason....if the State Dept gave out road maps, everyone would have the same one quickly. And as a reminder, any letter you were to write trying to promise their adherence to our laws would only be read for amusement, as you cannot make any legal commitments regarding their actions if they were to be admitted to the US.

Comment

the thing to really understand and acknowledge is that mere possession of X, Y or Z does not by itself make a person instantly eligible for a B2 visa; that is why there is an interview, during which a CO assesses the applicant through Q's and answers....and determines if the applicant is trustworthy. One does not earn trust by having a house or a child or a medical condition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X