Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mom's name change in passport(included middle name)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's name change in passport(included middle name)

My mom's name in current Indian passport expiring in 8 months : Alluri Ratna prabha
    Her name in old aadhar: Alluri Ratna Prabha
    Her name in new aadhar: Alluri Venkata Ratna Prabha

Her B1/B2 Visa has Alluri Ratna prabha(expiring in 3 years).

I want to renew my mom's passport from India and planning to bring her over here in US in March 2023.

When I apply for new passport, based on new aadhar card, the name in the new passport will be changed. Will there be any issue if she wants to travel to US with the new passport that has a new addition in her name(Venkata), that is not in B1/B2 VISA.

Our plan is to apply the new passport with old aadhar but not sure, if we get the name gets cross- verified in Aadhar system by Indian passports and they might issue the new passport with the name in the new aadhar(Alluri Venkata Ratna Prabha).

Can you please provide your valuable suggestions.

TIA.
    Tom.

Get aadhar fixed first & then apply for passport renewal.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, we cannot update the Aadhar as it matches to all the Indian bank and pension accounts.

Comment

In that case she will need proof to prove that both name belongs to her. May be an affidavit along with some more documentation would work.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14 for your suggestion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X