Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply DS160 with passport <6 months expiry, but go to interview with new passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply DS160 with passport <6 months expiry, but go to interview with new passport

Hi Everyone,

I would be indescribably grateful to anyone who can help. I am really struggling to get an answer to this.

Applying now for multiple entry B2 Tourist visa. We want to travel from UK to USA in September 2023. Husband's passport expires February 2024 (less than 6 months after intended travel date, and requirement is to have 6+ months left).

He has applied for a new Cuban passport but it can take 4 months. This means that if we wanted to apply for the interview once it arrived, we could be looking at another 3 month wait for interview and then it is too close to travel date and a big risk.

Could he:

Do DS-160 application form with current passport (expiry Feb 2024), and travel dates of September. Will it let him book the interview even though it is for travel dates less than 6 month before passport expires?

Then at the interview (by which point he would have his new passport), he brings his new passport, and the old one he applied with?

Or will it not let us do the interview date and get declined just based on the DS-160 alone because of the passport expiry date?

Thanks guys!

Yes, that's normal scenario. Please ensure to show both (old & new) passports during visa interview. Only problem could happen is that VO issue visa with validity matching to your passport expiry.

Or else you can take visa in your current passport & use your new passport at the time of entry into USA.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Yes, that's normal scenario. Please ensure to show both (old & new) passports during visa interview. Only problem could happen is that VO issue visa with validity matching to your passport expiry.

Or else you can take visa in your current passport & use your new passport at the time of entry into USA.
      Thank you for this. When you say they could issue it for when the passport expires - do you mean they would make it end in August 2023 when his passport only had 6 months, or make it last in February 2024 when his passport expires?

Comment

Originally posted by MachadoGibbs View Post
        When you say they could issue it for when the passport expires - do you mean they would make it end in August 2023 when his passport only had 6 months, or make it last in February 2024 when his passport expires?
        February 2024.

- I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X