Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa Reject for Widower

Hi all,
    Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this situation. I am a GC holder living in the USA. I applied for a B1/B2 visa for my dad who lives in Sri Lanka and is a widower. I have a sister who is also in Sri Lanka and currently has a B1/B2. She visited me when I was pregnant and spent 3 months with us. During that time I applied for my father's visa and was refused. He had all the necessary documents and funding required. We mentioned the reasoning for the application to spend time with the grandson and family. At that time we assumed that it was because my sister was in the USA and we re-applied again after arriving in Sri Lanka. The application was the same as before with the same reasoning and we presented my sisters' passport to show that my sister had returned. His visa was refused again. The officer mentioned that his reasoning hasn’t changed and indicated that he had not provided sufficient evidence to prove that he will not abandon his domicile in Sri Lanka. I’ve come to read about the USA being strict with visas for the elderly who are widowed. Has anyone been in a similar story and succeeded in getting a visa for their single parent? We are planning to apply again (6 months after the last interview date) for a visit visa as we want my dad to come to celebrate my son’s 1st birthday and christening.

Please let us know of any suggestions. Or any experiences you have had.

Thank you in advance

I am on the same boat and looking for help too. My mother's visa got rejected twice today. Last time we applied was in November. Looking for some suggestions how should we approach. This is quite frustrating, as they didn't even look to the documents that was provided as justification. It seems that they have made up the mind that its the case immigrant and they are not going to issue the Visa. I read somewhere having the parent to visit to some other foreign land may increase the chances a bit. Please let me also know if you get any info.

Comment

Originally posted by Cthalayasingam View Post
      Hi all,
      Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this situation. I am a GC holder living in the USA. I applied for a B1/B2 visa for my dad who lives in Sri Lanka and is a widower. I have a sister who is also in Sri Lanka and currently has a B1/B2. She visited me when I was pregnant and spent 3 months with us. During that time I applied for my father's visa and was refused. He had all the necessary documents and funding required. We mentioned the reasoning for the application to spend time with the grandson and family. At that time we assumed that it was because my sister was in the USA and we re-applied again after arriving in Sri Lanka. The application was the same as before with the same reasoning and we presented my sisters' passport to show that my sister had returned. His visa was refused again. The officer mentioned that his reasoning hasn’t changed and indicated that he had not provided sufficient evidence to prove that he will not abandon his domicile in Sri Lanka. I’ve come to read about the USA being strict with visas for the elderly who are widowed. Has anyone been in a similar story and succeeded in getting a visa for their single parent? We are planning to apply again (6 months after the last interview date) for a visit visa as we want my dad to come to celebrate my son’s 1st birthday and christening cubes 2048.

Please let us know of any suggestions. Or any experiences you have had.

Thank you in advance

Maybe they think your dad would not return. Keep applying and I believe they will accept after a few times.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X