Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !-94 valid for only 28 days on 3rd visit

Friends,

We have a strange problem. My mother got only a month to stay as per her 1-94 (visa valid for next ~7 yrs!). This is her 3rd visit.

On her first visit, she stayed for ~6 months and returned for her second visit after 9 months in India. Stayed again for ~6 months during her second term. Now she is visiting again, the 3rd time, after ~14 months in India. She never overstayed or applied for any extension. Everything legal.

Now she has only *less than a month* to stay and we think this is strange (just 3 weekends!) We are thinking of applying for an extension. But as you know, the time it takes to process the application, validity of her stay etc... all very confusing. Please help.

Note: Her visa expires on Jan 1th, 2018 and the exit date on I-94 is [hand written, legible] Jan 1st, 2011-not even a month! Coincidence? May be the officer wanted to write Jun 4th (which will make it 6 months)?

Any info/help would be much appreciated.

All,

Failed to mention that her visa is B1/B2 with B2 on her i-94.
    Anyone? Please if you have any comments or previous experience of this sort help us out..

Thanks

Comment

Go to the CBP at the POE/international airport and ask about it. They may be willing to change. If not, you are left with no option other than apply for an extension.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
        Go to the CBP at the POE/international airport and ask about it. They may be willing to change. If not, you are left with no option other than apply for an extension.
        Is it possible to just go to the airport and request for an appointment? Or the appointment is granted only after presenting the case?
        Also I read that an extension application has to be filed at least 30 days prior to the expiry date? We do not even have 30 days to begin with.

Comment

[solved]

Update:

Just wanted to have it in here in case anyone encounters similar problems.

Went to the nearest CBP and talked to the officer there. We were let in.

The date, immediately we were told upon showing the doc, was incorrectly entered. It was not the so called "restricted I-94." We were asked to show the return ticket. We also pointed out that the visitor never overstayed or had any status violations etc. They gave us a new I-94 with 6 months validity and corrected everything with the number changed to the first one.

That's all. Thanks guys and Thanks txh1b
          Last edited by i94for28days; 12-06-2010, 12:40 PM. Reason: *

Comment

Glad that it worked out. Enjoy her stay and visit!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X