Is a Tourist Visa good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a Tourist Visa good enough?

I have always wanted to spend as much of my life traveling as I can. My employer has never really allowed remote work on a consistent basis before the pandemic, but when the pandemic hit that changed and they are taking a more reasonable and realistic (IMO) stance toward working remotely. Throughout the pandemic I have taken several road trips and been able to work remotely during that time, but none of those trips have been longer than 10 days or so, and they've all been domestic, within the U.S. However, now that I am fully vaccinated and starting to feel more comfortable with air travel, I am curious about taking some longer trips both locally and abroad in the next year or so.

As I've been researching, I've been reading a lot about the various countries that have been announcing new digital nomad visas to attract remote workers. However, I wanted to come omegle xender​ here and ask what your experience has been with these visas? I don't know that I would necessarily jump straight into being on the road full time, most likely I'd try to travel for a month or two at a time and then return to my home in the DC area. Would you say that sticking with a tourist visa is good enough for this sort of travel? From what I understand, as long as my company is not based out of the country I am visiting, then there is no issue with working on a tourist visa. Is this accurate? Are there any advantages to a digital nomad visa over a tourist visa when traveling for a period of under 3 months?

Any and all answers/advice is much appreciated. Definitely planning on reading as much as I can from this sub before making any concrete plans. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by kalanfuga; 08-08-2023, 07:50 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X