Was deported from usa in 2006. 10 year ban. Can I get a tourist visa now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was deported from usa in 2006. 10 year ban. Can I get a tourist visa now

I was a student who worked for cash partime, to help pay for tuition. I was caught by immigration while I was doing this and they processed me and let me go, saying ill get a court date for a hearing. I then moved and put in a mail forwarding but never recieved a court order. I later found out I was deported in absentia. I was stopped for a broken taillight and the police officer for some reason got in touch with immigration to then take me to them. I had a valid driver's license. Anyway I was sent out of the usa in 2006.

I've never tried to go back to the usa. But I've been to UK and back to India after tourism. Now my family whats to travel to the usa to visit extended family and they all want me to apply for a visa. I've been avoiding it all along but now the peer pressure is too much and I have an interview soon.

I've been honest about my immigration history in my ds 160 but I just want to know if there's any chance I will get a tourist visa. And even if I do, will I be able to enter the usa without port of entry officers asking me embarrassing questions about my past immigration problems. My family doesn't know about my immigration history and I don't want them to know either. I don't think I will be morally supported by them if they find out.

I'm actually hoping my visa is denied so I don't have to go through all this. Can anyone please share their thoughts.

I've been a law abiding citizen all my life. I worked illegally as it was either that or drop out of college because tuition wasn't affordable. I made a bad judgement call but this is stressing me out quite a bit now.

The ban ended in 2016. Go for it. Be honest with your family and with the immigration officer at the airport, nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X