Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tier 4 Student Visa Travel Question

Hey everyone,

I've been mulling over this question for a while now and I could really use some advice. So, here's the deal: I'm a student at a Scottish university, and I arrived in the UK back in September 2023 on a tier 4 visa.

So, once I'm done with my dissertation, which should be around the end of August, I'm thinking of heading back to my home country for a bit. I'll be back in the UK by November 15th, just before my graduation, and then I plan to apply for the Post-Study Work (PSW) visa.

But here's where I'm unsure: my course technically ends on September 23rd. So, would it be a problem if I jet off home after I've submitted my dissertation but before that official end date? I've heard that for the PSW, they want you to have spent at least 12 months studying in a UK university. I doubt I'll get grilled at the border when I come back, but I just want to be sure that leaving after my dissertation won't mess up my chances of getting the PSW. I mean, they wouldn't say I finished my Masters before September 23rd, right?​
    Last edited by cam1eron; 03-29-2024, 12:05 PM.

This situation sounds tricky – wondering about travel after your student visa is done. I'm planning a trip to Central America myself.
    Totally understand the wanting-to-make-the-most-of-your-trip feeling. Maybe there are ways to extend your stay legally? First of all, I thought about insurance, so I began to study the information on this issue. Visas can be a jungle to navigate, so it might be worth consulting a travel visa consultant to see what your options are. They can help you avoid hitting any roadblocks
    Last edited by russelgarner; 04-05-2024, 08:48 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X