Visa interview question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa interview question

My father-in-law is still working and i am planning to send him for the visa interview. i have put the length of stay as 6 months in the application . Does the visa officer, by any chance, asks if my FIL's employer will grant 6months leave, and if my FIL says no, not more than 2 or 3 months...and if the VO again asks, then why did you mention as 6months in the application? would the visa be rejected by any chance? pls advise....

The VO will surely ask your FIL about his sanctioned leave, and he would also have to provide a letter from his employer to show that the leave has been sanctioned.

Usually the US consulate wouldn't ask how long he would be going to stay in the US, they would rather ask him the purpose of his visit and also they would have to be satisfied that he would return. So if your FIL has a steady job in India and a family here that would be good. Just in case they ask him why a 6 months length of stay has been put on the application, he would have to be prepared with an answer.

At the US airport the immigration authorities would ask him how long he would stay in the US and the purpose of his visit. This is customary and they would stamp a 6 month stay.

Comment

oh okay, thank you very much for the detailed information jackie...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X