Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother's b2 visa rejected..No reason given..Need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's b2 visa rejected..No reason given..Need help.

Hi

I am in US with my husband on L2 visa and my husband is sponsoring my mother's trip for 2 months...My father passed away 4 years back...We completed all the paperwork and did prepare my mother well for the interview..We opted for the interview in Hindi..It was taken by an American and he rejected the visa and did not give any reason..
    Questions asked were..
    VO-Who are u going to see?
    Mother - My Daughter and Son-in-law
    VO-What does your daughter do?
    Mother - Housewife.
    VO-Where does your son-in-law work?
    Mother- YYYY Company and Job title.
    VO- Have you travelled before?
    Mother - No,this is the first time.
    He then asked for our passport,visa and I -94 papers..Looked at my mother's passport,visa form and our papers for sometime and was entering something in the computer..Then he called someone else to discuss and finally handed over the papers to my mother saying he can't give the Visa...
    I just want to add here that our Visa is expired here however we do have our I-94 untill mid 2012..I do have 3 siblings with their kids and families in India and My mother owns a house and lives with my married brother...But he didnt ask her if she has any other kids??

We are trying to obtain the reason of rejection...if it is insufficient ties in India OR it is our visa/I-94 status that jeopardised the case
    What could have gone wrong??Is there a way to find out the reason??

We are thinking of reapplying again in June 1st week...any experience in likelihood of approval/rejection given the short stop gap for reappearing i.e. within a little over 1 month..

Anybody?? Really need inputs...

No response yet..Any inputs/help will be greatly appreciated since I am really upset with the outcome...

Comment

same case for me

my mother had visa interview on 25th april 2011 and it got rejected. even those who where in front of her got it rejected. she got 214b as the reason. as my father could not acompany due to his work, she alone applied. she is a house wife and my elder sister and family is in india. they didnt ask for any documents.
      simply asked:
      1.who all are staying with her.
      2.why are you going to US
      3.do you have own house
      4.previous year my hus sponsored for his parents. so asked about them.

thats it.. my mother replied correctly for all questions.. still it got rejected.
      anyway we are reapplying on may end. lets see what happens. we will be providing documents proving her return to india like property,photos of family etc.
      Last edited by rej86; 04-25-2011, 11:41 AM. Reason: more info: we are also on L1/L2 visa with I-94 extension.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X