Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying application fee

Hi,

I have a B2 visa and I'm now trying to extend it for another six months. I have filled out all the paperwork and I know that the fee is 290 dollars. However, I can't understand where or how to pay! The information on the website only says that you can pay with checks or creditcards. It says something about a Domestic Field Office, but it seems as if the one in New York (that's where I live) won't accept visitors. Does anyone know how to pay this fee? And how do the Immigration Office know that I have paid, do I enclose some sort of receipt with the application?

I hope that someone can help me with this!
    Best regards
    Lisa

If you are sure about the correct amount, you can enclose a personal check with the form. Read form I-539 instructions on USCIS website. It will list the correct fees, address to send and other information. You can also eFile the form so that correct payment and address to send supporting documents is automatically generated by the system.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Sorry for being so slow, but the only information I can actually find on the website is this:

Bank drafts, cashier's checks, certified checks, personal checks (See Check Instructions below), and money orders must be drawn on U.S. financial institutions and payable in U.S. funds.
      If you live in the United States or its territories, make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (not "USDHS" or "DHS").
      If you live outside the United States or its territories, and are filing your application or petition where you live, contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for instructions on the method of payment.
      Credit Cards
      USCIS accepts credit cards in all domestic Field Offices that accept payments. Accepted cards include Visa®, Mastercard®, American Express®, and Discover® Network.

Does this mean that I have to go to a domestic Field Office if I would like to pay with my creditcard? Or can I do this at the bank somehow?

Comment

You can eFile and pay with credit card. I don't know about paying at the field offices.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X