B1/B2 or J1 or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 or J1 or what?

Hi... I intend to attend a visit to a medical school for observership.....I contacted school for which visa type I should apply in and they advised B1/B2. I appeared in interview and the visa officer told me that he is confused a bit about visa category that if it should be B1/B2 or J1. I told him that school advised me to do so. He said even after this, he has to sort out the correct category. He said I don't have to worry as he is not denying me a visa but they will contact me after some time. Now what can be next course of action of embassy. Will they issue B1/B2 or J1? For last three days no contact has been made for additional paper work for J1. Or they will ask me reapply again? Or give me some other type of visa? Or deny me a visa? .....Moreover, they did not give me any paper for more information and did not tell me that they need time for administrative processing...does it mean that I will not be going through administrative processing? Dates for visit are quite near and I am not sure about the process.....Thanks in Advance

Wait to hear from them.

If the consular officer can't figure out (for now) what your visa category should be, there is no one else here can advise you (and anyway, what anyone says does not matter.)
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X