Got 221(g) for taking a picture outside US Consulate in Mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 221(g) for taking a picture outside US Consulate in Mumbai

My Parent's in law visited the US Consulate in Mumbia for there visitors visa interview with there son to assist them keeping things while they are inside consulate. Outside consulate when they were standing in queue, there son took a photograph of them. The place where they took photograph was much before where no camera sign was posted and was outside consulate campus, but immediately a police officer came, verified the photo, which was deleted. All details of the guy was taken and told that it is not allowed, since the photo was deleted it will not impact his parents interview. But when my in laws went in for interview on a window, they have been asked why photography is done when not allowed, also told there interview time passed (which was not true) and been handed form 221(g) and asked to appear next month. Per my understanding 221(g) is given only when any documents is missing, but in this case no document was asked to be submitted. My question is what would happen in this case. Will they do the police verification on 3 of them and if everything is fine, will they have a chance to get visa next month, also since no document is asked on the form, but still am I supposed to present any document from my side.

The situation is unfortunate. Your brother-in-law should have been careful.
    Your parents-in-law should follow the instructions in the pink/blue slip issued part of 221 (g) notice.
    The best guess is that some background check is needed to be run on the family before the situation can be better assessed (it may or may not include police verification). If one happens, ask them to be genuine in this response.
    No additional documentation is necessary unless requested part of the 221 (g) notice itself.
    The granting of a visitor visa is purely discretionary - this situation may impact but need not necessarily result in a denial.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X