Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa - Applying from Germany + Sponsor details in DS-160

Hi all,

I am applying for the US B2 Visa soon in order to spend the winter vacations with my boyfriend. My very first application was rejected (suggested to apply from India) in London and then I applied from Delhi and I got the visa for 1 year. It expired 1.5 years back. Now I am in Germany for the past 2 yrs and would like to apply again from here. Is there a chance that my visa can get rejected again on the same grounds of not applying from India?

The trickier bit however, is the finances. I don't think I have sufficient savings to please the embassy people, but have a steady stipend from my University. Hence, my boyfriend will act as my sponsor. So while filling up the DS -160 form, do I list him as a sponsor? Or do I just write self-sponsoring and give his documents along with mine directly in the Interview? I have heard that self-sponsoring is better than having a sponsor, which obviously makes sense. The other side is that although his I-20 is valid till 2017 or so, his F1 visa expires next July. Is it still a good idea to put him down as the sponsor on my form?

I am bit confused and could use some help! Thanks!

If you are working in Germany, you can apply for there. If you are stuying or visiting Germany, you should apply from your home country, which is India in this case.

If you have enough money to take care of the expenses of your US trip, it is best to show that. Otherwise, you must have someone else who is willing to help you financially.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I am now pondering over the eternal mystery - how much money is enough money!? It makes sense that self-sponsoring is the way to go. But do u think that showing a work contract with regular income will make up for the lack of too much savings?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X