I130 Petition Filed by US citizen not living in US- Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I130 Petition Filed by US citizen not living in US- Need help

I am a US Citizen by Birth born aboard. I have never lived in the US and I am now looking to move to the US in the summer. My Husband and Kids are not US Citizens and I filed the I-130 Petition for them. I sent it to the physical address in Chicago and it arrived on Friday April 3. Anyone have any idea when I should get receipt that it has been received? Do you think it will be a long process for my kids and husband? my kids are under 5 and I have been married for 4 years now. I just got an SSN number issued and I stated on the application form and I am hoping it gets approved because I am not in the position to leave my 4 yr old and baby 9 months with Daddy for a few months while this gets approved as that's a lot on my husband and of course a lot for me as I will be missing them. We currently live in the Caribbean.

Any suggestions, thoughts?? Will be greatly appreciated.

I actually received notice of acceptance its being sent to Cali service center... Anyone using them and how long did it take?

Comment

I130 Petition Filed by US citizen not living in US- Need help

I thought you been a U.S. Citizen makes your kids one too, so instead of filing i130 for the them find out about getting there US passport that's if you report their birth to the U.S. Embassy or something,and your husband can wait for he's i130,anyway am not an expert on these, just my opinion not legal advice , and am sure more experience people will give you the answer your looking for. Cheers.

Comment

I haven't live in the US at all so therefore my kids are not eligible for US Passports. They all have to get I -130 petitions and then once we move and establish residency I can applied for there US Passports.

Originally posted by ramz View Post
        I thought you been a U.S. Citizen makes your kids one too, so instead of filing i130 for the them find out about getting there US passport that's if you report their birth to the U.S. Embassy or something,and your husband can wait for he's i130,anyway am not an expert on these, just my opinion not legal advice , and am sure more experience people will give you the answer your looking for. Cheers.

Comment

I 130 uscis

I applied i130 for my spouse who is in Austria, priority date was June 9th, I still did not get approved and it's been over 5 months already, I am a U.S. Citizen... Any idea, why it take so long ? Please help share your experience would be really appreciated

Comment

Five months is not long. Your I-130 can normally take 6-8 months for petition approval.

--Ray B

Originally posted by sweet november View Post
            I applied i130 for my spouse who is in Austria, priority date was June 9th, I still did not get approved and it's been over 5 months already, I am a U.S. Citizen... Any idea, why it take so long ? Please help share your experience would be really appreciated

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X