Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Extension - never ending question

All,

I spent 5 hrs reading all (believe me all) the links in this www.immihelp.com forum and the 222(g) related to visitor visa extension and 1 full day on the 222(g) rules and regulations.

Most of the links and the 222(g) says that 10 year visa gets VOID if your application for visa extension gets denied and says that one should leave ASAP.

Instead of arguing on 10 year VISA getting VOID or not can some one share their experiences on the following:

1) We all know the DENIEL letter mostly says leave USA as soon as possible. What is the typical time frame one left USA in this situation?

2) If some one is leaving USA due to DENIEL then what are the precautions/good steps that one has taken to ensure the departing is not recorded as OVERSTAY?
    (like showing the extension receipt, deniel notice, talking to the officer, ...)

3) If the 10 year visa gets VOID as per 222(g), there is nothing that the port of entry guy is writing on the passpost saying the VISA is VOID (this is what is happening) and understood that he might just record something in the port of entry computer/system.
    Even though you cannot see what the port of entry officer does in the computer, how many of you knew the officer did anything in these directions or the officer said to you that he is VOIDING the visa in his computer/system?

4) If we accept that the 10 year visa is VOID as per 222(g) and needs a new VISA to visit USA then with what proof one should or have approached the american counsulate in INDIA(like chennai or Mumbai,..) asking for a new VISA. How will the person sitting at the consulate know the 10 year VISA which they see very much as valid before their eyes as valid from the passport without a NEGATIVE mark (as humanly one can see only the paper before them) and with what face can they issue a new VISA when a valid VISA exists in your passport.
    ( do you think the american consulate from the respective countries like INDIA validates with the port of entry systems/computers? )

My experiences
    ---------------
    I have talked to 4 govt. agents in 3 weeks span and all of them said that the 10 year visa should not get VOID inspite of me referring to the 222(g) but they all answered with the english sentence "as far as I'm aware".

Please share your experiences and not your views or what you think about 222(g).

Please remember this THREAD will clear/help the most people and I'm very very sure about it.

Thanks,
    Last edited by varap; 12-19-2005, 12:07 PM.

Can any of you share your experiences and help with inputs

Comment

Visitor Extension Visa

Hi,

I have applied for visitor visa extesion for both my inlaws but my father in law has changed his mind and would like to leave immediately even before hearing the answer from the USCIS about the extension. Will there be any complications. He has 10 year multiple entry.

Thank you
      Lavanya

Comment

Hi!

Hi!
        My friend had a similar situation. They applied for their extension however they decided not to wait for the reply and left before the I94 expiry. They then recieved a denial for extension. BUT then they called and checked with the Consulate in Chennai regarding their 10 year mutleiple entry visa. They were told since you left before the denial letter arrived your previous stay is considered legal and their visa was valid. So if your FIL leaves before the expiry of I94 and then incase you recieve a denial letter(lets hope not) and don't worry you are not in any trouble or complications.

Comment

Visitor visa extension

My MIL was here last year and we had applied for her extension 45 days before her I-94 expiry. She has a 10 year visa. We had asked for 1 month extension. Her request for extension was denied. By the time we received the denial letter, her I-94 had already expired. She left immediately after a week we got the letter. I had earlier called the customer service who had told me that as long as a decision was not made about her extension request she can stay and she has to leave immediately if her request was not granted. That's what she did. She came again with us this time and we did not have any problem at POE and was given 6 month again on I-94.
          I was also very worried as I also read in lot of web sites that the visa gets cancelled automatically. I dont know whether we are lucky or that's the practice.
          This is from our experience and I just want to share it.

Comment

If applied for extension of visitor visa, and the extension is denied the visitor has to leave the United States immediately. If he does so regardless of the
            I-94 expiry it will not be counted as overstay. Once extension is denied, there is no 120 days grace period. If the person stays for more days unreasonably after the denial, and ever tries to come back with existing visa, the POE can deny admission to United States.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X