Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info on extension of stay while on B1 needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on extension of stay while on B1 needed.

Hi Friends,
    Vijay here a new joinee to the group

I am on my B1 visa and I can be here only till 1st Apr 06. I wanted to know abt the process and available options for getting the extension. This is just to know the info before hand if I come up with any such situation after 3 months. Coz postponing it to the last moment will always be problamatic.

I want to really understand abt the following :
    1. What are the possible options available for B1 visitors to get an extension of say another 3 months ?
    2. Should we go for L1 visa and request the company to process the same on my behalf ?
    3. Can I apply for extension on my B1 itself ?
    4. Since this is my first trip to US and have completed only 1 month over here. Will it be really useful to apply for extension on my B1 ? Or is opting for L1 an good option ?
    5. Is it possible to go back to India after 3 months and come back again after a break of say abt 1 month ! I know this is very difficult and hence it's not advisable option also.
    6. If I can get an L1 visa while I am here in US, then will my multiple entry B1 visa gets invalid ?

Definitely one or the other friends in this group would have faced a situation like me and hence would request them to share their experiences over here for the benefit of others like me. Atleast if we have the info on the available options we can evaluate them and choose the best option.

Thanking you all in advance and hoping for the valuable guidance from the group

Regards
    Viju
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "Knowledge can be used to make money, but it cannot really
    be purchased with money; it is acquired by individual effort.
    Worldly wealth is limited; knowledge is unlimited. Knowledge
    cannot be taken away or stolen, it is not burdensome to carry
    and it causes no anxiety..."
    ------------------------------------------------------------

How fast you can convert it to L Visa? If that can be done easily it would be a viable option. Extending a short term tourist visa creates trouble on your re entry anytime in future.

Comment

Info Needed

Hi,
      Thanks for your kind response

I am checking the same with our travel guys. But the quest is can I get it while I am here in US on my B1 ? I mean should I go back to India and apply, go for interview do all those things again, or can it be done by the company also ?

I need an extn for 3 months (01-Jul-06) from the current date of I94 (01-Apr-06). In that case will it not be problamatic if we go for L1 ? Coz I heard that lots of things are to be taken care while on L1 like, tax, insurance and many more.

Regards
      Viju

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X